Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ss ute exhaust

utemanv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS UTE
Hello, i have a VY SS 02 Manual Ute with NO engine work, Ive had so many different things said to me about exhaust systems for these cars....i want to tell u wat Ive got and wat im looking for and if someone could please tell me the easiest way to achieve this...
I have pacemaker extractors, hi flow cats and just had a full red-back 2.5 twin system cat back installed without a rear muffler/ resonator. I wasn't happy wit the sound as it droned and had a weird sound to it inside the car. So i got a rear resonator installed and now it doesnt resonate but its just to quite... every one tells me to put and 2.5 x-force system on but i just dont see it making that much difference....then ppl say to get a 3" system and i dont no where to go from here...Basically with the Pacemaker and Hi-Flow cats wat system should i run to get the v8 rumble and lumpy on idle without the resonating...cheers!!!

PLZZZZZ help me!!!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
changing from one 2 1/2" to another won't change the power much mainly just the sound.
A lot of people use the X force stainless as its a cheap system in stainless but a lot of them say the system sounds tinny and they drone.
Twin 2 1/2" is big enough upto a mild cam, otr and mafless tune.
Twin 3" only needed for big cams, low gears or forced inductions and without those type of mods you'll most likely get droning.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do a system that has hotdogs on the front and a resonator on the rear. It is nice and deep, louder than the system with front mufflers but doesn't drone.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
I do a system that has hotdogs on the front and a resonator on the rear. It is nice and deep, louder than the system with front mufflers but doesn't drone.

what system is that and how much?

utemanv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS UTE
changing from one 2 1/2" to another won't change the power much mainly just the sound.
A lot of people use the X force stainless as its a cheap system in stainless but a lot of them say the system sounds tinny and they drone.
Twin 2 1/2" is big enough upto a mild cam, otr and mafless tune.
Twin 3" only needed for big cams, low gears or forced inductions and without those type of mods you'll most likely get droning.

Ty for the reply, so do u no wat combo will give me wat I'm looking for? Wats the the 2 1/2 mild steel force system like do u think it would change the sound from the red back system? Thanks

utemanv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS UTE
hey thanks for the reply, so u think if i remove the middle mufflers and replace it with hotdogs with my pacemaker extractors and high flow cats it will have a nice sound to it?
would it have that lumpy sound on idle? i no its not going to be really lumpy but atm is so smooth it sounds like a 6. cheers.

utemanv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS UTE
for the high flow cats and full 2 1/2" system it was bout $1200 the extractors were on it when i bought it...

faBReGaS

Reaction score
Members Ride
251rwkw VY SS
dude i have Pacemaker Tri-Y extractors, a full stainless steel 2.5" xForce exhaust with the centre mufflers and the rear ones along with 2 Sureflow ballistic cats on my VY SS and honestly i wouldnt go any louder than what i have. When im cruising you can hear the car but does not drone one bit.. when i put my foot down people have to block their ears on the street lol i highly recommend the set up i have.. it sounds awesome!

utemanv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS UTE
so with the manta system wat do i actually get? mild steel 2 1/2" cat back system wit hot dogs in the middle and rear resonator?