Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ute stereo need help with running speakers off an amp

swiiftkick

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy Ute
Okay so ive got a sony xplod XM-GTX6040 600w amp pioneer deh-155mpg head unit and vibe slick 6" component speakers
ive played around with settings at first all i could get was bass now ive managed to get like a bit of music but sounds like absolute crap
what am i doing wrong ? ive only ever hooked up a sub from an amp before never done just the speakers

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check your positives and negatives are not crossed over, this can cause what you are discribing

swiiftkick

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy Ute
im pretty sure i have it the right way i tried the wires around the other way and it just sounded the same

swiiftkick

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy Ute
no need to worry figured it out was one of the settings on the head unit i had wrong

now my only problem is my 6" speakers dont fit in the door flush should i just use grinder to make more space or could that be a bad idea?

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Some people dont like to cut holes in the steel any larger than they are because they believe they can alter the doors strength and void insurance!

a simple thing if it fits is just getting a spacer for $15 at your local sound shop, sca autobarn auto1 jb etc.
then you can put the stock speakers back in when you sell it.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
a simple thing if it fits is just getting a spacer for $15 at your local sound shop, sca autobarn auto1 jb etc.
then you can put the stock speakers back in when you sell it.

Or cut yourself a ring of ~10mm (or however large is needed) bring the speakers out further.

swiiftkick

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy Ute
it doesnt fit in the stock spacer or the hole itself do they sell spacers that will fit into the 6" hole in the door and a bit larger to fit the speaker?