Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Ute , where to put axle stands ?

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I have just bought a VY ute and was wondering where to put axle stands front and rear I'm in the Isle of Man so can't call down to my local deal to ask so I thought I'd better ask the experts. :thumbsup:

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
on the sill champ, there's (I guess you can call them) cut outs on the plastic side skirts. that's where I always put them

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
There is a massive thread about this, it will tell u everything u need to know

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Fronts: under engine crossmember
Rears: under suspension subframe (look for big bots that bolt into the floor of the car)

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
reason

probably a bit late with this but every time I have had to take my car in for work needing the car to be raised, the mechanics place rubber blocks on the lifting arms of the hoist then place the things under the normal sill jacking points. I have never seen this method fail so I guess it would apply when using stands. I have one of my cars sitting on 4 stands placed in this way and it has sat there with no problems for about 8 months now. :) Just by the way, the reason for suspending the car was to take the VT engine and gearbox out and install the VX engine and gearbox. between hospital visits over the past few months during which I have lost partial use of my legs. Muscle attrition due to being horizontal for too long.

Last edited:

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
probably a bit late with this but every time I have had to take my car in for work needing the car to be raised, the mechanics place rubber blocks on the lifting arms of the hoist then place the things under the normal sill jacking points. I have never seen this method fail so I guess it would apply when using stands. I have one of my cars sitting on 4 stands placed in this way and it has sat there with no problems for about 8 months now. :) Just by the way, the reason for suspending the car was to take the VT engine and gearbox out and install the VX engine and gearbox. between hospital visits over the past few months during which I have lost partial use of my legs. Muscle attrition due to being horizontal for too long.

Never too late for a bit of extra knowledge, thanks for your input and yes that is also a good way to do it. Sorry to hear about your legs life can be harsh sometimes, I had to sell my last project due to a trapped nerve which stops me from doing some things.