Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY v8 crewman front struts

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
I just bought a 2004 crewman , it's been lowered and I want to put it back to standard height, do all v8 VYs have the same struts or would they be different to say a v8 ute or v8 sedan? Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Same. VY fit. VZ also fit fine but have to change to slightly different sway bar links.

V8 springs will take the bit of extra weight from the bigger motor so make sure you pick V8.

Take care of that Crewman. A great car. A bit ugly to some but a super practical car. I love mine. Yes. I love mine I n weird ways but that’s another story.

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Do you have water leaks that are hard to detect ? I find when it gets washed it ends up with rear floor carpet wet , and I can't seem to find the leak, short of pulling out rear seats and carpet, then washing it .mmmmm

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Do you have water leaks that are hard to detect ? I find when it gets washed it ends up with rear floor carpet wet , and I can't seem to find the leak, short of pulling out rear seats and carpet, then washing it .mmmmm
Had the rear door trims of lately. Also if the clear plastic was taken of too, & not put back on properly. when it rains (or gets wet) the water will leak into the car.

I had the problem with my vt. Easy fix, if that is your problem?

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Yeah thanks , will put some newspaper inside under the door and see if thats it