Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VY/VZ] Everything to know about Changing Clusters!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Question - How has my red line LED turned green? I've just converted a L1 cluster to blue - all went well until I plugged it in....All nice and blue with red needles. BUT some how my red line is now very green.

I marked all the dial led's to be removed plus added a dot for the + side, took the old LED's off and then put new blue ones on. The red line LED was not removed.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Question - How has my red line LED turned green? I've just converted a L1 cluster to blue - all went well until I plugged it in....All nice and blue with red needles. BUT some how my red line is now very green.

I marked all the dial led's to be removed plus added a dot for the + side, took the old LED's off and then put new blue ones on. The red line LED was not removed.

Redline LED's should be red.. people say there green but with having over 200+ pass though me now, its definitely red.. Unless you took off an old green led and replaced the red with the green? Or you missed a green led? Would stand out like a sore thumb with the fresh blue there!.
Hopefully you lit the cluster up before reinstalling everything.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline LED's should be red.. people say there green but with having over 200+ pass though me now, its definitely red.. Unless you took off an old green led and replaced the red with the green? Or you missed a green led? Would stand out like a sore thumb with the fresh blue there!.
Hopefully you lit the cluster up before reinstalling everything.

I dont have any other LED's but for the side and flat blue LED's. It has me stumped as to how it is green. All the LED's that needed changing were removed and put in a bag with the needles and screws.

The cluster is never going back in a car as it's a test cluster for me to play with. I shall take a photo....

Attachments

• SDC15315.JPG
    SDC15315.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,334

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Isn't the red line led between and above 4 and 5?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Isn't the red line led between and above 4 and 5?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yep - it's bloody green now and it should be RED .... LOL

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I dont have any other LED's but for the side and flat blue LED's. It has me stumped as to how it is green. All the LED's that needed changing were removed and put in a bag with the needles and screws.

The cluster is never going back in a car as it's a test cluster for me to play with. I shall take a photo....

Could have been messed with before? Any signs of it being opened before? Otherwise when the clusters are stock, everyone would winge/complain how there redline has a green tinge!. Maybe Holden F'd up?! haha
Makes a huge difference when replacing the old red leds with new ones. In your case.. will look like a new cluster!

Always good to test each led with a 1.5v power supply to check connection and also colour.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Could have been messed with before? Any signs of it being opened before? Otherwise when the clusters are stock, everyone would winge/complain how there redline has a green tinge!. Maybe Holden F'd up?! haha
Makes a huge difference when replacing the old red leds with new ones. In your case.. will look like a new cluster!

Always good to test each led with a 1.5v power supply to check connection and also colour.

The LED has the sealer over it from when it was made so the LED has not been removed at all. I've removed the LCD screen again so I'll try get a close up photo tomorrow.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
The LED has the sealer over it from when it was made so the LED has not been removed at all. I've removed the LCD screen again so I'll try get a close up photo tomorrow.

No kidding, feel free to chuck up the clusters part number ect (back sticker details). Wouldnt mind cross referencing with other clusters and bins that iv come across and see if any here I have match up.
Have to say I dont check every clusters lights originally before modification but I do test when they light back up, never been surprised with a green light there before

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
No kidding, feel free to chuck up the clusters part number ect (back sticker details). Wouldnt mind cross referencing with other clusters and bins that iv come across and see if any here I have match up.
Have to say I dont check every clusters lights originally before modification but I do test when they light back up, never been surprised with a green light there before

AEL 92191124 LVL 1 Standard
UC 007334-F
8400-27815
S/W VER 0.47.0

I have now recorded 55 different part numbers for VY and VZ clusters

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
As a matter of interest has anyone reset a cluster back to 000000 and the tried to program it with a Tech2 ?