Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY / VZ Power Window Switches into VR / VS : I need a wiring diagram or example

vr84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice 5.0L
Hi, I noticed recently a lot of people have gone with VY / VZ power window switches into their VR or VS, I am forever changing switches as I've been using second hand ones, so upgrading to a VY / VZ center console switch would be a lot better.

I searched but could only find people who had trouble then rectified the issue, nobody actually posted how to do it. Does anyone here know how this change is done? Do you re-use the plug and wires from the stock window switches and solder them onto the back of the VY/VZ switch board at the back, or is it just a case of removing the VY / VZ wires from the plug / socket and placing them in the correct order into an empty plug / socket from the VR / VS?

Any assistance is much appreciated, and once I find out I will post here so other people don't have the same issue.

vr84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice 5.0L
Anyone able to help out with this? It used to be a very common upgrade when the VY was fairly new.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
its just a matter of cutting the wiring plug off the existing plug then joining it it to the VY/VZ switch in the right order.

I used a bit of the loom from both and joined them in the middle when i did mine in my old VR years ago with spade connectors lol.

vr84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice 5.0L
Is the order via trial and error possible? or would joining the wrong ones cause it to burn out the switch?

If it's possible to get one at a time going, trial and error might not be that difficult, if you need 7 wires or something all in a correct row to get one side working, might take a lot of trial and error lol

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have the wiring diagram for the vy switch block,but ill need a couple of days to post it up. If you search here ull find it, iirc I've posted it here before.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Here is VS wiring that's been pinned straight into a VT-VZ connector. Don't have any diagrams but its not hard to work out.

image.jpg

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
Did this mod to my VR Calais, when the bcm tries to do the auto up or down for the drivers window the drivers window stops working all together. The regulator is fine tested it with the battery, switch is fine tested its sending 12v and -12v to the regulator. Anyone know how I can bypass it easily? Don't care about the auto feature working.