Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY wagon boot won't open

VY..Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
I've tried searching to find out how to open my VY wagon boot but no luck.... there is no release button or cables etc. Pretty sure it's the actuator but I'm just wanting to find out if there's a way to open it until it's fixed &/or if its something relatively simple to fix or if I'm best taking it somewhere. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks heaps

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I've tried searching to find out how to open my VY wagon boot but no luck.... there is no release button or cables etc. Pretty sure it's the actuator but I'm just wanting to find out if there's a way to open it until it's fixed &/or if its something relatively simple to fix or if I'm best taking it somewhere. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks heaps

Bit more info needed.
Is the tailgate button depressing but not unlocking ?.
Can you unlock the button with the key then try depressing the button again ?
Try thumping the tailgate while depressing the button, sometimes the hook latch on the tailgate stuffs up.
If the alarm goes off, put the key in the ignition and start the car, that should shut the alarm up.

VY..Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
Tailgate button does depress, I can hear it unlocking when using the key remote. Trying key in the lock doesn't work, key doesn't turn.... boot unlocks just doesn't open cos this problem started as boot occassionally not opening but now it just wont open at all.... thumping didn't work

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Remove the carpet section from inside the tailgate and see if you can get to the mechanism from there.

DOASKID

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 waggy
just had a quick look at mine and trim can be removed without opening tailgate....

VY..Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
Can't get the carpet trim off with boot shut as the plugs go around the edges as well... think I'm just going to have to take it somewhere & pay Thanks anyway for your help...

DOASKID

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 waggy
Oh damn, sorry mate. I just opened the back door and looked from there.... Did you try taking out all the trim clips you can see then pull the trim back as far as you can just to get a look inside, maybe get your hand in there to try move some of the mechanisms??

VY..Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
Oh damn, sorry mate. I just opened the back door and looked from there.... Did you try taking out all the trim clips you can see then pull the trim back as far as you can just to get a look inside, maybe get your hand in there to try move some of the mechanisms??

All good, no apology needed. Yeh I tried to get it out anyway..... I have to get the other plugs out cos the carpet trim at the top is tucked under other plastic capping which won't come off, I can feel the plugs & loosen them but they're too long to actually get out with the boot shut