Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY wagon boot won't open

Shay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina International wagon
you definitely can get it off with the boot shut.

the plastic capping trim you are talking about just pulls up and out, then the plugs for the carpet are ALL accessible from inside the wagon with the boot shut.

i had the same problem, and that is what i did. you can just flick the lock open by reaching inside the tail gate, then go outside and open the boot.

kevscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11 Commodore Wagon
you definitely can get it off with the boot shut.

the plastic capping trim you are talking about just pulls up and out, then the plugs for the carpet are ALL accessible from inside the wagon with the boot shut.

i had the same problem, and that is what i did. you can just flick the lock open by reaching inside the tail gate, then go outside and open the boot.

An old thread I know, but just fixed mine yesterday.

The fun part was accessing the tailgate from inside, due to all my tools and gear, which had to be taken out through the rear doors to allow me to crawl through.
I do have a cargo barrier, but fortunately it's behind the front seats & not the rear ones, otherwise I'd have been stuffed...

The lock itself was pretty stiff, a good dose of WD40 (yeah I know!) and all good.

I found the trim only needed to be released from the bottom, that gave enough access. Getting the operating rod back in its hole & the plastic clip took a while, but all worked out in the end.

KM

Mijochi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore wagon
Xy station wagon
Button depresses key locks and unlocks