Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII HSV 04- Pioneer AVH-X8550BT- Aeropro cables- Antenna no rise?

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
Hi,

Have bought the necessary cables

Aeropro Steering Wheel Control Harness CHVYVZA

Aeropro Pioneer Adaptor cable to suit control harness APP10A OR IS IT APPIOA either way

Aeropro to suit pioneer head unit APP8PIO

headunit brand new Pioneer AVH-X8550BT

European antenna adapter

Car HSV Maloo 2004 Yii

The issue is the antenna is not going up or down. there was another pioneer HU cable but it had a tab to the right of it so it would not fit into the HU.

The reverse camera has the usual yellow RCA adapter but also it had a red wire also attached to the cable, does this get connected to negative or positive power? (prev it was connected to a green cable on the China copy 7" dvd stereo that was installed, and the antenna worked then also)

Do I have to buy the other Pioneer ISO kit and cut off the tab?

The only spare wire on this harness is the amp power (purple cable)

I also have this black cable in the pic that seems it was cut off previously?

Pics to follow

photo1_zps92ab62e2.jpg

photo2_zps99067334.jpg

photo3_zpsc3de0520.jpg

photo4_zps49a21ef4.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Theres two different pioneer harnesses, one is made for double Din units and features the handbrake cable and a antenna wire, whereas the standard one doesn't. Can't remember the part number off head but have a look on the Aeropro website and you should find it pretty easily.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
the APP8PIO is missing its blue/white wire from the ISO side of the plug.

you need to join the blue/white wire coming from the headunit side to the blue wire on the CHVYVZA harness for the antenna to work.

the snipped black wire im assuming is probably left over from an old phone kit.

you ideally will need a different APP8PIO harness, there are several others to suit headunits with dvd/nav/reverse functions, as they have handbrake wire and reverse wires on them, where yours doesnt.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Also with the pioneer units the aerial will go up once headunit is on and stay up until turned off. This annoyed me so I ran a little switch to cut power to the aerial so it will go down when im not listening to the radio. Quick easy fix if its somthing that may annoy you

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
Thanks guys, so few points

what part number for the pioneer head unit, as the other one there @ Supercheap had a small plastic tab on it to the right that meant I would have to cutt it for the plug to fit into the cable slot. where on my cable connector the tab there is to cover the fuse on top of it.

Car Audio Accessories, Car Antennas, Wiring Harnesses, Rear-View Camara: AERPRO

Next the camera with what seems power should just splice it into the units power source as pic below of closest thing I found to it on the net.

And the steering module is not working? anyone have this issue?

Finally- when playing a dvd the attention no play occurs, so brake bypass how did you do it?

thank you very much

Camera_wire_zps73ae9bac.png

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
So to half fix my issues the Aeropro Iso cable from the headunit needed to be the 16 wires APP8PIO4 , this fixed the antenna issue and the green cable that is like 1mtr long that comes with it needs to be connected to positive (+) for it to bypass the brake issue.

So issue of Reverse camera not automatically coming on remains, I have to manually turn it on and off due to it is connected the rear reverse light. How do I go about this? I went to the settings and changed the camera to when grounded.
BTW how do you change the reverse image to be "normal" and not reversed as I couldn't fin this in the settings? The ISO harness has no reverse cable in it, but yet in the pioneer original cabling it is in it, so a auto electrician may have to copy this pic and place it in the ISO harness?

My steering wheel controls only the mode works, pressing the + for vol multiple times at times changes the radio station? im guessing this maybe cause of steering wheel button issues? How can a auto electrician fix this?

It seems I have to bite the bullet and go to a auto electrician as these issues aren't being resolved or is it best to go to a stereo installation place?

cheers

APP8PIO4

APP8PIO4.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
goto a decent stereo place. many autolecs dont know car audio properly.

the new app8pio4 has a purple/white cable in it yeh? that needs to be wired to the positive wire of your reverse light. then in radio settings, change it to positive switched, not ground.

id say switch out your APPIOA for an APPISOA, but also check this thread for info about the steering wheel controls. it might help with yours.

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
HI, the new ISO cabling has no purple/white cable, only the original pioneer cabling you have to solder it comes with it. Thus thinking the auto electrician can take it from this until and place it onto the ISO one hopefully.

The other thread you mentioned had no mentioning of how the unit was updated.. what firmware via usb?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
post in the thread asking, or pm him.

you can usually pop the pins out of the plug and swap it to your new one, just have to be careful not to break off the plastic tabs.