Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2006 Speaker Ideas?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
@Sweefu I think If I get a new headunit, I'll end up buying new rear speakers in the new future too. I wouldn't mind a new headunit for the aux point so I'd love to see the difference.
I also use a FM transmitter for all my music at the moment so maybe even with new speakers there won't be much a difference due to the quality of the fm transmitter

Why would you buy new rear speakers? You sit in the front of the car don't you, not the back? Replace the fronts.

You are wrong about the headunit lol if you have some shitty headunit like sony then it wont make much of a difference.. But with something like pioneer, alpine you can notice it a lot more if you tune it which isn't to hard just dont put the gains too high on stock speakers.

Johney go to like repco, supercheap and play around with their headunits that are running on the wall to see what you can tune and maybe go into an audio store and ask what they recommend in your price range. Then buy it off ebay which it should be cheaper. Try get a pioneer or maybe JVC at the very least, dont touch panasonic (panaSHIT) or sony xplod (sony explodes)

By tuning I assume you mean EQ, time alignment, active cross overs? EQ, maybe.. but that's not going to help much with stock speakers. Time alignment, sure why not, but I don't think the OP is looking for that kind of result. Active cross overs, useless with stock speakers.

Please explain to me how spending $200 on an aftermarket headunit and stock Holden speakers is going to sound better than the stock headunit and a set of 2-way component speakers?

I am very excited to know.

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
My car doesn't have rear speakers at the moment.
Does anyone know if the Factory Holden 2006 VZ Stereo has the ports to connect to rear speakers as well as the door speakers?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
My car doesn't have rear speakers at the moment.
Does anyone know if the Factory Holden 2006 VZ Stereo has the ports to connect to rear speakers as well as the door speakers?

I would spend any audio-related money on front speakers in your situation, the rears are for your passengers, not you! :)
Rear door speakers yes, or rear parcel shelf but not both. You have 4-channels to play with on the factory headunit, 2 front and 2 rear.

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
So i'd lose connection of the rear door speakers so I can plug in the rear speakers?

What kind of front speakers would you recommend then if I want to keep my factory H/U?

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
Aftermarket Headunits have more power than stock headunits, and just because it says 52x4 doesn't mean it actually is. Every VT-VX owner whos changed their HU from factory and kept factory speakers noticed the difference. All holden factory HU are bin worthy, it doesn't have to be an overly priced Headunit to get better sound out of the stock speakers. If you did it to your own you would understand how much better it is.

Yes johnny you would lose a connection, if you kept your factory headunit just get standard JVC 6inch speakers at least they bolt right in, if you got anything powerful it would be a waste of time unless you amped them.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Aftermarket Headunits have more power than stock headunits, and just because it says 52x4 doesn't mean it actually is. Every VT-VX owner whos changed their HU from factory and kept factory speakers noticed the difference. All holden factory HU are bin worthy, it doesn't have to be an overly priced Headunit to get better sound out of the stock speakers. If you did it to your own you would understand how much better it is.

Yes johnny you would lose a connection, if you kept your factory headunit just get standard JVC 6inch speakers at least they bolt right in, if you got anything powerful it would be a waste of time unless you amped them.

The factory speakers would reach mechanical limits on about 5wrms, so what is the point of more power? 12 - 18wrms from a headunit is not going to change anything if the speaker is already at it's limit on 5wrms, it will make no difference.
I find it interesting that you can speak for literally every VT-VX Commodore owner with an aftermarket headunit.
But you're right, maybe I should change my stock headunit with my stock speakers in my car.

Johnny593

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2006
I ended up getting some Front door speakers. JL Audio C2600X :D

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
The factory speakers would reach mechanical limits on about 5wrms, so what is the point of more power? 12 - 18wrms from a Iis not going to change anything if the speaker is already at it's limit on 5wrms, it will make no difference.
I find it interesting that you can speak for literally every VT-VX Commodore owner with an aftermarket headunit.
But you're right, maybe I should change my stock headunit with my stock speakers in my car.

That is why you tune it! you can tune a 40rms speaker to a 100rms amp and it wont blow or distort if you know what your doing. It can run te factory speaker at full potential the factory HU does not, that's why the factory speakers last for years... But yes I do recommend trying it for yourself, I hated the factory sound I would always leave it on low now I can blast it. Sorry was a bit busy today to make the video ill do it tomorrow.

Their alright speakers johnny are you flagging the idea on the Headunit?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is why you tune it! you can tune a 40rms speaker to a 100rms amp and it wont blow or distort if you know what your doing. It can run te factory speaker at full potential the factory HU does not, that's why the factory speakers last for years... But yes I do recommend trying it for yourself, I hated the factory sound I would always leave it on low now I can blast it. Sorry was a bit busy today to make the video ill do it tomorrow.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, changing the headunit but leaving stock speakers is not going to give much of a result, the EQ is pretty much useless and the stock speakers are already reaching their mechanical limits on power the factory headunit provides, so why bother changing it?