Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 6.0 engine computer re-tuning

ocross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V8 ute
Just bought a VZ V8 6.0 and want to check the state of the engine computer. Previous owner said it had been maf tuned--but I can't be sure

I'm going to put some headers, OTR on it and will need to tune it. I've been told that it the the computer has already been after market tuned it's easy to mod it again. But if it hasn't, it's more expensive as more needs to be changed (is this true?).

So how do I check what's going on with the computer.

Cheers.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Ask the previous owner who tuned it, then it should be down to per hour for the retune

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Just bought a VZ V8 6.0 and want to check the state of the engine computer. Previous owner said it had been maf tuned--but I can't be sure

I'm going to put some headers, OTR on it and will need to tune it. I've been told that it the the computer has already been after market tuned it's easy to mod it again. But if it hasn't, it's more expensive as more needs to be changed (is this true?).

So how do I check what's going on with the computer.

Cheers.

Depends on what it was tuned with and if the previous tuner locked the tune.

HP tuners, EFI live etc etc etc.

As Munz said, find out from the previous owner where it was tuned.

You yourself will not be able to check the computer.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Dude Does it have a maf sensor? if so disconnect it, if no engine light is displayed on dash you have a mafless tuned puter.