Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec manufacturer faults handy hints

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Just got my VZ thunder alloytec months back. 148,000 kms and does not seem to have a problem just yet. Although the starter motor has had some bad starts only a handful of times.

Getting it serviced and tuned soon.... Only time will tell at this stage

Strad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
I have a 2005 lumina alloytrc wagon bought 4 yrs ago with 140K on it. One owner service history, previous owner did oil every 10K I have since put another 150K over the 4 yrs I've had it. Oil changed every 7 to 8K, Other than that all I have had to do is seal leaky cam sensor when I bought it, changed water pump a year ago, power steer pump six months ago, other than that just
a diff oil change. And the auto oil and tranny filter every 30K. The thing looks like new drives like new goes hard and starts every time, maybe I have been lucky but so far been a damm good daily, and I don't hesitate to give heaps sometimes!! Been bloody excellent so far. And it is off to bathurst in October AGAIN!!
EDIT. Brake pads.
Neal

Last edited:

Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
288000 km and still going strong. But do an oil and filter change the moment it's needed. Cheap insurance especially compared to the cost of timing chain replacement.