Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey mate,

Thanx for the pedals, finally fitted them. Got the footrest, now just need the accelarator assy!

I picked up a pair of black Calais sunvisors w/lights off ebay, just wandering what type of bulbs are used & how do u get the lense cover off?

Cheers
Paul

S

StealthCalais

Hey mate,

Thanx for the pedals, finally fitted them. Got the footrest, now just need the accelarator assy!

I picked up a pair of black Calais sunvisors w/lights off ebay, just wandering what type of bulbs are used & how do u get the lense cover off?

Cheers
Paul

Awesome! Good to hear. Yeah I'm having the same difficulty... have everything fitted apart from the accelerator!!

Seems to be a big pain really... I'm hoping to have it fitted this weekend if all goes to plan!

Ahh funny you mention to the sunvisors, just after I changed all (and I mean all!!) the lights over inside... my mate was in the car and flipped the sunvisor down and opened it up and I had forgot about the lights! (very frustrating after all that!) so they are still yellow, I barely use them...

Havent actually tried crakcing the lense off yet... I'd say its a festoon bulb though. Seems to be the standard interior bulb to use. One day I'll be bothered to change them.

You had many issues with the 20% tint? I'm still concerned about insurance problems, not roadworthy though (thanks QLD!)

With the two-hole mod, is there a big change in sound? Or performance more importantly>

Cheers!

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yeah, got the lenses off last nite, i just used a pocket knife to lever the edge of the blade underneath the bottom of the lense then i woredk my way around the right hand side of the lense to pop it off.

The bulbs are festoon (a miniture version of the 36mm ones) but i havent taken them out yet, there actually underneath the left right sides of the mirror & not directly behind the lense, Wired!

Havent had any issues with my tint, got breath tested on the weekend, cop didn't say a thing.

Didnt notice much of a increase at first only a lil induction roar but after a few weeks, i noticed fuel was down by about 0.5-1 Ltr/100km in city driving.
What ive done recently is install the 175 intake pipe which doesnt have the baffling. The 190 pipe has the baffling attached, which you may have noticed & there has definitely been a increase in induction roar, throttle seems to be a tad more responsive but thats prob a under statement!

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
the 175 intake might be something to look into further... ;)

mine sits low at the back and its most likely cos the springs have sagged - really nice height tho.

S

StealthCalais

Fair enough, might have to give it a go one spare weekend!

In other news... finally got round to installing the accelerator pedal in. Now i have a complete alloy set!!

Feels great to use... really makes the interior look just that bit more awesome.

Will put some pictures up tonight.

S

StealthCalais

Here are the pics of the new pedal set-up! Enjoy, and you'll have to excuse the poor phone camera quality! I'll try get some good ones on the proper camera one day!

BEFORE:
14082009139.jpg

AFTER:
20102009163.jpg

20102009165.jpg

20102009166.jpg

itchy1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Looks bloody awesome love the mags

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking good mate:smoking:

I gotta buy the accelerator pedal assy for mine!

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i gotta get me a set too :D

how much are they??

S

StealthCalais

Thanks guys! Yeah they feel great to use compared to the rubber pads... much more sporty! Well you can buy them individually from Holden - I think I got a quote of about $250-300ish all up for the set.

But have a look on ebay and nvu, holmart etc... usually manage to find them on there if your lucky!