Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Cheers fishman & holdenonn. Yeah its turning out quite nicely, as are your cars! I just need to get that tint!! Saw silver and white calais' the other week they look great.

My HID's are 6000K but they are 55W or 50W cant recall. Not sure how much difference if any the increased wattage makes, might just be a tad brighter?

Cheers mate!! Tints will make it awesome!! The wattage definitely makes a different in brightness be heaps brighter as normal HID are 35W so extra 20W would make a diff, but i coould be wrong..

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
damn is that first of the latest 4 pics shopped or is your paint that icey??

S

StealthCalais

Nah just chopped the number plate out on that one and thats it.

The paint is in exceptional condition, but it looks amazing because the sky is overcast making the lighting is just right for the photo it would seem. If only I could get that deep glossy Mercedes-style black thatd be nice!

S

StealthCalais

Small update - got a polish on the weekend, very happy with the results!! Removed essentially most surface scratches and swirl marks from washing and etc. Didn't think it was that bad until it got fixed! Some photos of the finished product...

010.jpg

006.jpg

004-2.jpg

001.jpg

Also looking into upgrading my stereo, in regards to the front - splits or coaxials?? I found a sweet pair of coaxials that sounds great! Listened to the splits of the same version and for some reason didnt appear to have the same 'fullness' of sound in comparison (especially given the 200 extra price!) Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Cheers.

twalt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS COMMODORE
thats pimp as mate, love the interior!

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
hey mate great looking car!!! Changing the interior lights to led white really sets it off too! i wanted the exact the same one when i turned 18 but was out of my budget 2 years ago :(
anyway just a quick question how did you install the accelerator pedal? im so stuck on it
thanks

S

StealthCalais

Thanks all!

hey mate great looking car!!! Changing the interior lights to led white really sets it off too! i wanted the exact the same one when i turned 18 but was out of my budget 2 years ago :(
anyway just a quick question how did you install the accelerator pedal? im so stuck on it
thanks

Yeah the LED's made a huge difference, gives the car a different feel from the orange. Well the accelerator pedal to my knowledge wasn't overly difficult... On the VZ's the accelerator is a complete assembly (ie not just a pedal to stick on), there is a black box at the top, on which I'm pretty sure there was one or two bolts or screws, so you'll need to undo those and the whole assembly will drop out - then simply replace it with the new assembly you have. Fix it all back in and away you go. Watch out to make sure you have the right assembly for your model car, the one I got was for a V8 so the computer had a freak out when I switched her on. Easy fix - undo the small screws and pop the little panel on the side of the assembly - you'll see a little chip inside it that works on a resistor or something to send data to the throttle/computer possibly, swap the one of your standard pedal and place it on the new pedal assembly. Problem solved.

Cheers!

supahot1!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV - My10 Prado grande - MY10 SR5 HiLux
Ok overall, very straightforward to do! I got them all off the one ebay seller I can provide links if need be.

All you have to do is pretty much swap the old for the new! As the LED's are mounted in the 'festoon' bulb ends. So no rewiring or anything required!

Only one youll have an issue with is the map lights, they are a different bulb all together no idea what sort. But I got some T10 superbrights and soldered them on to the old bulb. Also, the 36mm I got were only just too small for the existing sockets, so all you have to do is grab some pliers and bend the steel/copper/etc holders a tiny bit to make sure they stay put!

36mm Festoon (I needed 8 of these not sure about other model variants)
1pc Festoon Dome 36mm High Power LED (Xenon White) Bulb - eBay LED, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Jun-09 22:07:21 AEST)

T10 (I got 2 packs/4 bulbs - 2 for footwells, 2 for map lights but i had to resolder)
2pcs T10 168 194 High Power LED (HID White) Wedge Bulb - eBay LED, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Jun-09 18:43:10 AEST)

42mm Festoon
2pcs T10 168 194 High Power LED (HID White) Wedge Bulb - eBay LED, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Jun-09 18:43:10 AEST)

as an alternative...
Could try this for the map lights as I think its the same connection/base as the one si found in the map lights. Not sure though. Looks very similar.
2pcs BA9S T4W Flank High Power LED (Xenon White) Bulbs - eBay Bulbs Lenses, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 23-Jun-09 01:45:39 AEST)

All up cost me about $80 or $90 incl. shipping and about an hour or so fiddling around putting them in! Good little mod to do, the results are well worth it!! Looks alot more ... european one might say!

if you dnt mind me asking how did you pick the car up for