Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais.

mazaa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Sv6
You are buying the car from holden more often than not its gona be more expensive than anywhere else but "generally" its going to be a better car. I dont know whats included in your deal but sometimes you get a decent warranty from holden for their used cars. I bought my sv6 from holden i paid a bit more that i would have liked but i couldnt be happier. Anyway thats just my 2cents so the choice is yours

yea they offer a 3 year warranty, complete clean of the car (i don't care about that though, i plan on giving it an extreme clean when i get it) and fix any errors/things that need attention.

well the dealer called me privately on his mobile wanting to discuss a reasonable price, but i don't do the bargaining so i told him i'd get my dad to give him a ring back. this is a good sign yea? haha.

*also, my bro always told me that the Calais came with paddle shifters but i never believed him!

mazaa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Sv6

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
Hey bud i just got an 05 vz Calais about 2 months ago few more k's but it cost me 13k with 5 years warranty.no interior problems or anything but my head unit too has a crack near volume knob...must be common then... But all in all as torana said around 17-18k for something like that.. Remember drive a hard bargain mate, they will do anything for a sale these days especially with smaller cars almost running the market. (also got my p's two weeks before I bought car too) insurance is a little bit too... Deep pocket may be required.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
78,000kms is much more then 67,000kms when you think about it... yea the car might be a heck of a lot cheaper, but the kms are just too high.
and silver looks much better haha.

Yes but $14,800 is ALOT less then 20k lol. 78k is not really high km's either, and low km cars are not always better. That's was just one example of a private sale, there are plenty more on carsales.

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
[/QUOTE]

78,000kms is much more then 67,000kms when you think about it... yea the car might be a heck of a lot cheaper, but the kms are just too high.
and silver looks much better haha.[/QUOTE]

78,000k's is pretty damn low for a VZ Calais considering it's nearly 6 years old. Average k's for a 6 year old car is anywhere between 120,000-150,000k's. (20,000kpy/25,000kpy). If i were to choose between the two i'd go for the white one for 14.8k and try bargain him down a little. That's only my opinion though. Goodluck with it all, you won't regret buying one there sexy cars!

mazaa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Sv6
I'm honestly dead set on this car, even my dad. My dad fell in love with it, especially coz he had a VK Calais (his first car was a VB SL/E though) and me also having a Calais haha. We called the salesmen, he said he could get it down to about 19k and that was without doing any harsh bargaining. Gonna try our luck and go for 18k or so.
Also, will upload photos of the car tomorrow when I get the chance for people to inspect, their are things that seem odd to me but I want some professional opinions!

V

Vzniko

including a better steering wheel button setup that does not fall apart.

...Speaking of which, does anyone know where to find a cheap wheel button kit replacement? (Or how much does holden charge in that case).

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Thats pretty expensive for a V6 calais - plus you've gone and done the worst thing possible when car shopping though, fallen in love with it.
Just FYI, i bought my VZ V8 calais over a year ago for 16k in amazing condition. It really pays to look around, don't get your heart set on a car you've seen if the price isn't right.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
...Speaking of which, does anyone know where to find a cheap wheel button kit replacement? (Or how much does holden charge in that case).

Either buy the trio of button covers on eBay (the button covers clip onto the actual buttons, around $50) or buy the two sides, the whole kit, for around $120 from Holden.

Thats pretty expensive for a V6 calais - plus you've gone and done the worst thing possible when car shopping though, fallen in love with it.

Just FYI, i bought my VZ V8 calais over a year ago for 16k in amazing condition. It really pays to look around, don't get your heart set on a car you've seen if the price isn't right.

As above, pricey for a V6. If you can get it down to 18, thats a bit better. If not keep looking.