Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore 2004 immobilizer problem

David Tahere

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss commodore
  1. My immobilizer warning light on dash comes on every now and then. Car will shut off when its started, but restarts and goes when you restart. Does it only sometimes. Have it at Holdens as its a hsv but its expensive to have it looked at, been with out car for 5 days due to weekend. Does anyone have an idea what is the problem and what the fix is or cost involved. Would, if i can is it possible to change out the immobilizer or security system. I do have mechanical insurance but I don't think they will cover it. As funds are stretched do you think the problem would get worse as I would need time to save. Any help would be grateful.

Cas’s BCM mystery

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive auto wagon
I had a similar problem I went to s mechanic and asked them to check the relays and fuses they acted like I was stupid after a week the car was returned with no answer so I checked the fuses and hey presto problem solved

David Tahere

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss commodore
I dropped car into our schofield holdens was there a week. They found nothing now problem gone. I'm clueless to what went on. But i'm wrapped its solved cost nothing, only thing was lost car for 5 days. I'll keep the fuse thing in check might come in handy one day. Thanks for your input.