Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore a horn under the bonnet Whats it for????

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
Hey people it seems theres a little horn on the Right side of the bonnet but i have NO idea what its for? its not the alarm, its not the cars horn ... WHAT IS IT???
i have uploaded a pic if someone could tell me what it is and what it does it would be very helpful HAHA cheers

Attachments

• 19022011944.jpg
    19022011944.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5,793

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
The Picture has not loaded but if its at the rear of the engine bay on the passengers side its connected to your alarm set up..

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
The Picture has not loaded but if its at the rear of the engine bay on the passengers side its connected to your alarm set up..

Yes that is the one, I tried locking the doors then opening it threw the window, Only the horn under the bonnet on the left side Sounds, this one doesnt sound anything?? what is it meant to do?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If it doesn't beep-beep, maybe it isn't a horn............ :)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yes it is part of the alarm system.
Try disconnecting your front horns then open your car from the inside and see if the horn sounds.
In my VS when the battery got low that horn started sounding continuously, drove me nuts until I put a new battery in.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
in mine its the alarm horn.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ive heard its connected to the alarm but yes, it never seems to make sound.

I'd try disconnecting the horns and see if it sounds. It'd make sense ... whats to stop someone just popping under the front bar and snip the wiring to the horn, so as they break in its silent? But if theres a backup horn up there, where its pretty much unaccessable, should they disable the main horns then the cars still gonna make a noise

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Is it the door lock one? Set trip comp to indicator + horn when locking and have a peek cos that sounds different to the horn and the alarm in my vz and vy.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I have no noise nor indicators when locking/unlocking my car, but my horn sounds if i open my door (my normal horn), i also have no dash options for changing ANYTHING on the trip computer (there is no 'trip computer' or similar in the menu

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
I have no noise nor indicators when locking/unlocking my car, but my horn sounds if i open my door (my normal horn), i also have no dash options for changing ANYTHING on the trip computer (there is no 'trip computer' or similar in the menu

Hmm strange, so you have tried pressing the up/down arrows when prompted after turning the key on? Should come up after "System Check" message. No need to start the car just turn ignition on until you see battery light then wait for the prompt.

Thought you could only set the lock option to Horn + Indicators or just Indicators. Could be wrong but I'll check when I pick up my sv8 this arvo. As for the horn when opening the door...Anyone else?