Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore a horn under the bonnet Whats it for????

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Yep, tried doing that both when just turning the ignition, also when turning the car on, same thing there is nothing in the menu in relation to Trip or Alarm

It gets frustrating not having the options as usually when you lock/unlock commodores your lights will flash to indicate to locked or unlocked which mine does not.

Makes an issue when leaving the car, i have to stand next to it and press lock to make sure it locks as if i move away i cant hear or see it lock.

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
That sucks mate, have you tried taking the + terminal off battery for 10 secs then replacing? Sucks not being able to muck with stuff like volume distortion limiter on the cd player and yeah,

indicators on lock etc. If no-one else has an idea then it's off to Holden to burn some $ for labour costs to have diagnostics done.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I have an aftermarket Head Unit, i've heard some options are stored in the original Head Unit, but surely not the Alarm and similar options?

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Audio distortion limiter I'm unsure with aftermarked head units, I have my amp hooked up via the rear left door speaker with a line level converter (RCA to High-level input) to keep the steering wheel buttons and factory double din unit. Plus I hate the fascia unit for single din,

never looks quite right. Sucks no mp3 but works well. Otherwise it's all down to the trip comp mate, not sure if the battery trick will reset it but worth a try if it annoys you that much. Personally I wouldn't stop tinkering till I fixed it or broke it lol.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Yeah the Fascia colour is a bit off but the head unit i got goes nice with the dash plus it has mp3, aac support and usb.

Due to idiot 'friends' wrecking my cds when lending to them ive ended up putting all mp cds onto the computer and not using my cds anymore. I put all the music i want in the car on my 16GB USB stick.

At work at the moment will try the battery solution when i get home.

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Yeah used the fascia in my vy, was ok but not ideal. After exhaust/tune etc looking at double din unit with wheel controls, dvd and sat nav. dunno how it will look though as the corners are slightly rounded so could be a gap. Good luck mate and let us know how ya go.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
The steering wheel control 'adaptor' to be able to use my head unit with them was $297, which i could not be bothered wasting that much money for.

There are no gaps with my head unit and fascia but he colours looks off.

Once i get more money together, i'd like to get a double DIN head unit aswell.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Yep, tried doing that both when just turning the ignition, also when turning the car on, same thing there is nothing in the menu in relation to Trip or Alarm

It gets frustrating not having the options as usually when you lock/unlock commodores your lights will flash to indicate to locked or unlocked which mine does not.

Makes an issue when leaving the car, i have to stand next to it and press lock to make sure it locks as if i move away i cant hear or see it lock.
Sounds like you need a late flash update from Holden.