Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore vaccum/aircon issue

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I would just get all the centre trims out of the way. Remove as many panels as you can. Make it as easy to do as you can.

If that’s no good, you can see that removing the dash and the front panel makes it easy to get to. Also a good chance to give the HVAC a solid clean so AC will be crispy cold this summer.

You will also fix your idle issue once the vacuum leak is sorted.

In regard to that. Pinch off the vacuum hose in the engine bay. Fold it and cable tie it. I bet the idle improves.

Get a new vacuum check valve as I suggested. That ensures vacuum is being controlled one way, rather than back and forth as it pleases which could in part explain what’s occurring as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3747790...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Whoops! Not that one.

This one.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2748976...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
hey @Fu Manchu
thanks so much for that. i am currently looking to source the easiest to replace actuators from the wreckers as he said that the car as to be assembled to test it, i have searched for the past few hours i saw a process on the best way to test them out of the car, but cannot find it.
i am gonna steal my nans check valve as i know that one is good
an replace it if it sorta solves my issue.

i also did the PCV mod. an realised the idle is much more stable now. an that there is oil coming up to the top of the engine now (i don't understand the whole theory why it wasn't before)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I recently posted the testing procedure in another VZ thread. Just need some vacuum tube and a vacuum pump. If it holds vacuum, it’s good.