Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Common engine faults/sensors etc

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Have a 2005 vz sv6 in the family purchase with 120k, now done 160k, only changed a battery, serviced every 10k, with no problems.
Came with full service history, it had a ecm failure at 40k, replaced under warranty, no other problems reported by original owner we purchased it off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
I have a 2006 SVZ built 22/05/2006 with engine # H061390193 built 19/05/2006. It falls smack in the middle of the engine numbers you quoted but was built 1 day after those dates ??
No it doesn't .... Jan 06- May 07

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My 04 VZ had big dramas but I reckon it had a lot to do with its service history and even more to do with its duty cycle. My car that wasn't driven much on long trips had the sludge buildup that I had had to fix but I take the blame for it. I reckon it is the synthetic oil and not frequent enough oil changes that caused it.
The giveaway is the oil filter if you are looking for any problems in this area. Unless it has been changed recently ,any sludge will show up as a grease like substance in the paper in the oil filter.
The usual coil pack dramas isn't major and won't stop the car... Just give a miss at higher speeds.
Have replaced/ machined the front brake discs a couple of times as it got the dreaded pulsing brake pedal especially at higher temps but discs are cheap and easy to change