Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ exec rear bumper on VY exec

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Hey guys,

Today I bought a VZ executive bumper and was wondering if it would fit my VY?

I thought It would, but I was reading a previous thread were someone stated I would need to change to VZ lights because they are lower on the bumper... is this true?

I don't mind doing this, because I was already going to change the rear lights... but In saying that, also do the VZ's have a different wiring setup?

cheers, James

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
What you read is correct.
The VY exec and acclaim has tail lights the same size as S & SS so you will see there is a bigger space between the bottom of the light and where the bumper flares out than on the VZ exec bumper.
The VZ exec bumper uses VY Berlina tail lights (same as used on HSV VY/VZ) and can be fitted with any VY/VZ calais tail lights.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
ok thanks mate, My choices In tailights were either going to be calais or ss versions, which means calais lights it is haha

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
try and find a set of LED ones dude, i think they look awesome lol, not sure if they made a Calais version though.. worth looking into i think lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
why did you get an exec rear instead of upgrading to a calais rear if ur gunna change to calais lights?...i would assume they would be different..no?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
try and find a set of LED ones dude, i think they look awesome lol, not sure if they made a Calais version though.. worth looking into i think lol

I've heard that the LED lights (which I think look absolutely ricer aweful) can cause problems with the VZ dash brake warning lights due to the difference in power usage of the LED's compared to the std incandescent globes.
Luckily for you they don't make them in VZ calais size only in VY exec/ss/ss size.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
why did you get an exec rear instead of upgrading to a calais rear if ur gunna change to calais lights?...i would assume they would be different..no?

I don't know it contravines any RTA or ADR regs but VZ calais and Berlina tail lights don't have any reflectors in them which is why their bumpers have reflectors fitted to them where Exec bumpers have no reflectors and reflectors in the tail lights.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
double post

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive

My dad reversed into a pole, So bumper needed replacing and a local guy from jc was selling his for $50, good condition..

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
well that sounds fair enough then lol, convenience is always the way to go