Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz executive or vx s series 2

commodore182

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore S series 2
Im going to be buying my first car in a couple of months time and at the moment im looking in the price range of either of those two cars. The vz is our family car which i can buy off the parents, its a tidy 2005 model with 140,000km and no faults. The vx's that i have been looking at are all clean as well but with around 150,000-200,000km on the clock. I like the look of the vx a lot more but do the technical advances of the vz outweigh the looks of the vx? Also running costs and things like that would help to make my decision. Which car is the best option?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
newer is better and the car is known to you as well as what has been done to it and how it has been looked after.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I would go the VZ - but only because it is newer and I like the shape more. Beware of timing chain issues in the Alloytec though - very common and rather expensive to fix.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Im going to be buying my first car in a couple of months time and at the moment im looking in the price range of either of those two cars. The vz is our family car which i can buy off the parents, its a tidy 2005 model with 140,000km and no faults. The vx's that i have been looking at are all clean as well but with around 150,000-200,000km on the clock. I like the look of the vx a lot more but do the technical advances of the vz outweigh the looks of the vx? Also running costs and things like that would help to make my decision. Which car is the best option?

Go with the VZ, if it's the family car then you will know the history of it and that is a massive bonus when buying a car second hand, you never know what the previous owner has done to it.

Also since it's your parents maybe you can butter them up and get them to knock off a few grand;), VZ exec's would be around the 10k mark now I think?...maybe 11-12

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
I paid 8k for my vz exec with 80,000ks on it 2 years ago. Had slight hail damage so got it cheap. Go for the vz newer/better car.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
hail damage drops the price heaps though because its phenomenally expensive to fix.

commodore182

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore S series 2
Well I would be getting it for the trade in value minus a little bit because I will bring it down a bit haha, so around $7000

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Not really guy at work just got his vz ss fixed from the hail we had in the western suburbs last Christmas cost him 1k for 51 dents they suck them out with some machine. Mine has less than half that amount just on the bonnet/boot mostly. Wasn't worried about cosmetics as mechanicaly its perfect. I prob won't ever get it fixed.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I know 4 people that had hail damage in the last big storm in melbourne around december/january, they averaged 15k in damage.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Lol ripped. My mate went threw his insurance and the wrote it off cause they got a quote like that. Just depends if you like being shafted or not.