Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ executive wagon hazards not working

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Hi all have a problem with the hazards on my vz wagon. When button pressed they don't work no noticble noise either the blinkers dont work when hazards r on. Blinkers work fine otherwise. Have checked fuse it's good even changed no difference have tried changing the hazard switch too no change took out bcm can't see any damage or smell any burnt smells have power running to button tried changing flasher relay too no difference. Really could use some advice thanks as need fixed for rego also sometimes car just doesn't won't to start like flat battery or immobaliza but turn key few times and starts could this be linked

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Hazard Switch.jpg
FuseChart.jpg
Here is the service checks for the switch, also check fuse #7 under the dash. If the switch is ok, and the fuse is ok, then there is a relay in the BCM that may be stuck. It's replaceable, but fiddly.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Thanks guys will look futher think it is the relay in the bcm will double check with the info u have given. What is the process if I decide to just change whole bcm what do I need i.e. just bcm and key fob or those and ecu pcm etc.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
I had huge problems with blinkers and hazards only a couple of weeks ago on a vr.

The hazard switch earths through the ignition relay. Patching an extra 20amp earth onto the ignition relay earth solved it.

Never would have worked it out myself.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Cheers guys will have a go at fixing myself. Bowtie can u explain what u mean by patching I'm another earth.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Just dug up the thread i mentioned it in and i was remembering the solution to blower problem.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/fan-not-working-vs.5065/#post-3017743

Sorry for confusion.

Blinkers/hazards were fixed by unplugging the hazard switch from aircon plug and plugging into hazard plug. I had accidentally swapped aircon and hazard switches. They have the same plug. Whoops.

If that doesn't fix it, new hazard switch is the go.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Hey guys have got the problem sorted with the car not wanting to start but still can't get the hazards working like I said their is no click when button turned on and blinkers dont work when lever pushed when button on checked fuse and replaced seems to be ok seen in another post about a big white fuse in behind the stereo or something like that could this be my problem or do u guys thinks it's my hazard relay playing up if is how hard is it to change ie stuff the bcm circuit board don't won't a stuffed car and no auto legs around my area are willing to fix they say I need to replace whole bcm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Half the relay in the bcm was missing so wasn't making contact problem all sorted now