Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Exhaust

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have you heard this set up? Any chance of a vid? Also by mufflers do you mean the existing ones the VZ's have or AM ones?

Cheers mate

I have fitted this set up, but unfortunately the car has been sold so I can't get a sound file of it. It increased torque right through the revs and had no drone.

It is all AM, twin 2 1/4" off cats, into two straight through mufflers , then merges into a single 3" resonator with twin 2 1/4" outlets.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
I have fitted this set up, but unfortunately the car has been sold so I can't get a sound file of it. It increased torque right through the revs and had no drone.

It is all AM, twin 2 1/4" off cats, into two straight through mufflers , then merges into a single 3" resonator with twin 2 1/4" outlets.

Was it loud?I have a vz i share with my wife,we I would like a exhaust but she doesn't want it to be too loud

jasnos

Reaction score
Members Ride
-

gday mate, Just wondering how much a set up like that would cost? (roughly of course)
and was it a loud set up?
cheers mate

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No it's not loud. It is deep at idle.

This system is $450 plus shipping.

TODDY...

Toddy 05 VZ UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ UTE S... Maloo front, 19in,n LOW
05 vz ute exhaust upgrade

Hey... just wordering about doing an upgrade on my VZ alloytec exhaust???

Havent really looked around alot gunna ask some questions first and get some good answers on what exhaust upgrade is best!!!

Hoping to get a deeper, louder rumble noise....
Price range around $500-$750

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Biggest thing to remember:

What works on a SV6 will not work on a Executive very well. Why? ....... The SV6 has a variable exhaust camshaft = different notes........... in theory pacers and cats would work better on a sv6 for maintaining their note they already have where as a exec completely changes it.

Execs are torquey in the middle of the rev range............ sv6's constantly build torque all the way up.

Very different with how they work.
Execs.......... either way I'd recommend some sort of single 2.5"........ maybe a twin 2.25".

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i have a 2.5 in single cat back system with a rear reasonator and put on a set of genie extractors and the sound is good and the preformance gain is excellent a 2.5 twin would be to big you would loose too much torgue ...... mine was on the dyno 199 rwh and the only other mod i have done is a k@n and it,s not tuned yet

06vzcalais

Reaction score
gah been thinking of getting a full sytem but i think ill mix and match the factory system with an aftermarket one already got a 2.5 cat back but want extractors might keep factory cats and that resonator infront of the cats to save any problems

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
G'Day All,

Had a chat with a couple of exhaust guys. Consensus seem to be that a dual 2 1/4" set up is best for the alloytec190. However, to go a full system, it is actually too loud by EPA standards, and will make the car unroadworthy. I was suggested to either do just catback (for sound, at about $500 supply and fit), or go headers and cats (less sound but more bottom end torque, around $950 supply and fit). There's no issues with backpressure and heat with the headers and cats set up from X-Force. I guess the question is, do people want a big meaty sound, or better performance?

Cheers all

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Honestly mate, Its all up to you. There are THOUSANDS of exhaust threads on this forum, and even more different exhausts out there. You need to find one that suits your needs, and level of acceptance.

Exhaust shops that have no idea will ALWAYS try and sell you a twin system, as it costs twice as much money, If you post up what your looking for in your exhaust then people will be able to give you there opinions and maybe even a sound clip.

I hjave twin 2.5 to single 2.5 with resi at the back, and a lukey muffler after the cats, also standard cats as they do a fine job for the V6