Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fan speed + AC knob

Mcbennie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VZ Commodore Sv6
Hey,

So i have a strange issue with my fan speed + AC knob in my 06 VZ SV6 (not the same but encase you were confused)
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=182247&d=1458991747&thumb=1&stc=1

When i turn it on to say 2 and turn the AC on, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't until i jiggle it around or push it inward (towards the motor for example) and am not sure how i am supposed to fix this.
I was told it cannot be a loose wire because they should be melted in and cannot become loose. If this is the case what do i need to replace to fix this issue.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• index.31.gif
    index.31.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 310

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
Got the same problem in my VZ but my A/C wont turn on if the fan speed is on 1. :O it use to work sometimes but now nothing

Mcbennie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VZ Commodore Sv6
Got the same problem in my VZ but my A/C wont turn on if the fan speed is on 1. :O it use to work sometimes but now nothing

Especially coming out of summer i have noticed it not working and now i need to get it fixed.
Plan was to find someone wrecking a VZ and get the part from them but the issue is i dont know what switch or fuse or whatever it is i need to ask for/look for to fix it.

timmy201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Mine was the same, the AC only worked on some fan speeds and not others. I took it to the local dealer under the 3 month statutory warranty and they replaced the switch.

Could just be the switch is worn out and needs replacing. They all come apart like this as a set of 3 dials:
Holden Commodore VZ Executive Heater AC Control Unit | eBay

Hamonr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey man,

So my VZ has just started doing what your was doing, just wondering if you found a fix?

Thanks

W.A2005vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive
Hey man,

So my VZ has just started doing what your was doing, just wondering if you found a fix?

Thanks
Did you find a answer I’m also having this issue, I’ve replaced the resistor but the issue is still there?

W.A2005vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive
Mine was the same, the AC only worked on some fan speeds and not others. I took it to the local dealer under the 3 month statutory warranty and they replaced the switch.

Could just be the switch is worn out and needs replacing. They all come apart like this as a set of 3 dials:
Holden Commodore VZ Executive Heater AC Control Unit | eBay
So the only way to fix this issue is replace the switch? And it’s a 1 piece unit that’s all 3 switches? That link does not work anymore

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

W.A2005vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive

VzDavevz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore sv6
Hey,

So i have a strange issue with my fan speed + AC knob in my 06 VZ SV6 (not the same but encase you were confused)
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=182247&d=1458991747&thumb=1&stc=1

When i turn it on to say 2 and turn the AC on, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't until i jiggle it around or push it inward (towards the motor for example) and am not sure how i am supposed to fix this.
I was told it cannot be a loose wire because they should be melted in and cannot become loose. If this is the case what do i need to replace to fix this issue.

Thanks in advanced.

I had the same problem on my vz just now and it would cut out when i went over a bump or just cut out randomly and only worked on full fan speed. I just took the panel off to find that the plug connected to the back of the fan speed knob was plugged in on an angle (or has wiggled loose over time). I proceeded and pushed it in so it was square, and now it works fine without any cutting out problems, so maybe give that a try??