Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Flute Placement??!!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Cool, well good luck with it all - post some work-in-progress pics, I'm sure lots of people thinking about this would appreciate it! :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Zeussy

This is a definite candidate for the "how to" section, with lots of pics. Better take plenty and post them all.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Thanks again, hope it works as easy as I think it will?!!

Yepp, will do... **taking lots of photos, with a bit of a run down on how to..

Just going to charge my camera now, lol!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well heres todays efforts, got the passenger one just about sorted...
Theres just a few little imperfections, but I'm going to fit it back onto the car - to make sure its flat, and all sweet, then fix it right up..

Will get onto a DIY thread for it, got a few photos, probly should've taken a few more, lol, but will when I do the other side, i'll write it up, with what I've got so far then just add to it as I get some new pics...

zeussy-albums-vy-body-mods-before-paint-picture5344-yeww.jpg

When I was marking it up, it looked like the top was tilted down a little, so I angled it up, but looking a your one (danga's) it looks like it sort of does a little?? hope mines straight! lol thats how its staying anyway!

zeussy-albums-vy-body-mods-before-paint-picture5343-almost-there.jpg

Finished it at around 9.30pm, had it drying under heat lamps, lol...

Thanks again danga for you measurements!!

First VY with 'molded' VZ Flutes!!!! yeww!!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
When I was marking it up, it looked like the top was tilted down a little, so I angled it up, but looking a your one (danga's) it looks like it sort of does a little?? hope mines straight! lol thats how its staying anyway!

Sure looks like it's coming along!

I think it does angle down slightly. The important part is that the chrome strip is parallel with the trolley strip and the ground, the surround will blend in with the paint.

Are you going to do the grill body coloured, or black?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
that looks sweet mate, cant wait to see the finished product of your entire car!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sure looks like it's coming along!

I think it does angle down slightly. The important part is that the chrome strip is parallel with the trolley strip and the ground, the surround will blend in with the paint.

Are you going to do the grill body coloured, or black?

Lol, I hope its straight, haha I fitted it back onto the car this morning, it looks to be straight - with the trolley strip, if it is out, it can't be by much!

Umm, probly black in the grill area, but seeing it all one colour, blue might be ok - blend it all in together?

that looks sweet mate, cant wait to see the finished product of your entire car!

Same mate! im keen as to get some colour on there, but im not sure whether to do a slightly different than stock paint job, either a pearl in with it, or a slightly different blue.. lighter or darker? or a metal flake??!! ahh the decisions...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Zeussy

I definitely like this mod, and particularly think that by filling in the gaps around the insert, they look like part of the original panel rather than a separate part. To me, that is an improvement on the factory design. Can you make sure your pics for the other guard show the cut-out in the guard before the insert is added, and some progressive shots during the process?

Looking terrific mate - keep it up.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Calaber,
Thanks heaps, its good to know you like them as much as me!
I do have a few pics of the 'during the process' but a few more might clear up any confusion on a couple of steps, the fibre glassing, and cutting bending the metal, I have a before shot, where its marked, and an after shot, after its cut out, but not showing how to 'bend' the edges back over, etc..

I am still going to do a DIY thread, might get onto it now, I just threw those pics in there so a couple of you could see what it looks like for now..

I need to save my pennies for some paint now!!
Cheers again!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
+1 for How to thread. Awesome mod! (How rare is it for an Acclaim in that colour? thought that was only an SS colour....)