Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Front passenger door jams

suzii_92

Reaction score
Hi forumers,

The front passenger door of my brother's vz executive is jammed after I pressed the UNLOCK button once to unlock the car. I tried to opened the door to no avail and pulled on the handle a few times not realising that I need to press UNLOCK twice in order to unlock all other doors (except driver). Pressed UNLOCK again and the lock popped up but I still couldn't open the door. From reading other threads, I gathered this may be an electronic problem with the actuators.

Has any one had similar problems?

Any opinions or tips on how to go about fixing it is much appreciated.

Many thanks!

LJS-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY6 Ute
you can get all the doors to unlock just from one click by accessing your dash computer by holding down the MODE button, turning your ignition off (keep holding MODE), then turning your ignition back on, then scrolling through the "special mode" options and changing the door lock thing. cant explain why the door wont open when the pin is up though....

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Yeah door lock 'sticking' can happen when all the doors are locked - usually automatically when D (Drive) is selected. If a passenger attempts to open the locked door before the transmission selector is moved to P (Park) or N (Neutral) then it is usually necessary for the driver to operate their locking button or alternatively move the trans selector through Park - Drive back to Park with the ignition on (engine run mode). That should then enable the passenger to unlock their door. Just a matter of training them to not touch the door locks whilst the auto locking is activated.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
Guys, the problem is that even though all the doors are unlocked, I'm unable to open the front passenger one. I can open all others.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you have been using the 'auto-lock' feature (the doors lock when car is placed into D-Drive) if someone attempts to open the doors before the transmission selector has been placed into P-Park, then YES it can be impossible to open that doors even from outside. You will need to cycle the trans. selector from P-Park through to D-Drive then back to P-Park to enable the door(s) to be opened. Sometimes it can be 're-set' by cycling the locking button on driver's door. Other than that, I suggest that you have a problem with the door handle mechanism not functioning correctly.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
will it work from the inside handle?

Nope.

If you have been using the 'auto-lock' feature (the doors lock when car is placed into D-Drive) if someone attempts to open the doors before the transmission selector has been placed into P-Park, then YES it can be impossible to open that doors even from outside. You will need to cycle the trans. selector from P-Park through to D-Drive then back to P-Park to enable the door(s) to be opened. Sometimes it can be 're-set' by cycling the locking button on driver's door. Other than that, I suggest that you have a problem with the door handle mechanism not functioning correctly.

I can open all other doors but the front passenger, tried all shifts as well.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hi forumers,

The front passenger door of my brother's vz executive is jammed after I pressed the UNLOCK button once to unlock the car. I tried to opened the door to no avail and pulled on the handle a few times not realising that I need to press UNLOCK twice in order to unlock all other doors (except driver). Pressed UNLOCK again and the lock popped up but I still couldn't open the door. From reading other threads, I gathered this may be an electronic problem with the actuators.

Has any one had similar problems?

Any opinions or tips on how to go about fixing it is much appreciated.

Many thanks!

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a lazy door actuator.
Holden replaced it under warranty.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have just booked it in for them to fix under warranty tomorrow. Hopefully it's smooth sailing, I will revert back with the result.

Have also asked them to re-flash the fuel gauge.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Booked the car in 8:30am, then went to work.

Got a call about 4:30pm advising the actuator in the door is fixed and they've updated the software for the fuel gauge. The door opens no problems now and the handle is more springy. Overall, pretty satisfied with the result.

Have to wait until it gets wet to see if the actuator is affected.