Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

C

Cheffie

Just about to take my VXII acclaim wagon in with the same problems, also one of my mates had similar problems with his VT. perhaps this is not specific to the VZ's.
Bought it used and am returning it under warranty, so will be interested to see what they have to say.
happy to add my name to the petition Ran out of juice, told me I had 130km to go and 1/4 tank. waited 2 1/2 hours for nrma to be told i needed petrol after i had put to gallons in it on the off chance that had been the problem, she was dead empty. Not Happy JAN.

A

Ausblonde

Hey guys,

i seem to be having a few issues with my fuel gauge too. Everytime i fill up it says 350km to empty, for a 70 ltr tank surely that cant be right??

claire

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Ausblonde said:
Hey guys,

i seem to be having a few issues with my fuel gauge too. Everytime i fill up it says 350km to empty, for a 70 ltr tank surely that cant be right??

claire

mine is like that now... it used to say it was empty on around 420kms but since they 'fixed' it it now says its empty on 350kms

M

Marty's_SV6

Just had my work VZ ute in for its first service and the dealership told me that Holden is working on a computer program fix for the Fuel gauge issues. They said when it is release they will contact me for upgrade. :b:

N

nickel

nickel

Hi guys

I have just bought a VZ SS manual done 4995km. Love the car & it goes like hell. What fuel consumption figures should I expect for around town & highway usage. Any feedback?

V

VZonetonnerS

anyone done a comparison between ulp and pulp in a v6,last weekend went to the super cars on the way there i ran ulp and fuel consumption was 10.2 to 10.6l/100km it felt slugish as i normaly run it on premium any way on the way home i ran it on pulp and it was 9.0 to 9.5l/1ookms now to me with the extra responsivness and better consumption i think the pulp definetly pays for it self

R

RKZ234

nickel said:
Hi guys

I have just bought a VZ SS manual done 4995km. Love the car & it goes like hell. What fuel consumption figures should I expect for around town & highway usage. Any feedback?

Until it has done at least 10,000km I'd forget about monitoring economy figures. A mate of the old mans is still improving, travelling the same hwy trip each weekend and it's done just under 15,000km.

But I do know you easilly can get under 11lt/100 km on a trip.

I've done under 10lt/100 from Coonabarrabran to Melbourne, taking it very easy.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Why doesn't the fuel gauge just show how much fuel is in your tank instead of a running availability like your 'distance to go' reading. Of course as consumers we know the harder you drvie the more fuel you use.Why put it in the 'less fuelyou have category.

Holden should never have got creative with the fuel gauge in the first place.

I think drivers are smart enough to know that if you have a 1/4 of a tank left you can't drive as far and might need to fill up. A 1/4 of a tank should be a 1/4 of a tank. Not 1/2 if drive gently and not and 1/8 if you drive hard. This where they have created their problem.

C

crewiess

Just got back from a 1400 k trip with the crewman ss, loaded up with the kids and a tray full of crap. Had 1600 on the odo before leaving. Averaged about 11.9 l/100 km including coming back through Sydney. On the way back the puter said the average was about 10.9 l/100km. The fuel guage was bout right as the trip back was 560km and she took about 58 litres and the km to empty showed about 70. The crewman apparently has a 64 litre tank (p poor for a 5.7 donk) so the numbers were about right. I noticed on both sides of the journey that the fuel guage did not move for the first 200 odd km. Then when we stopped and fired up again the engine showed about a 3rd of a tank used. :confused: So it seems the numbers are right but just need to be careful if I just watch the guage?????