Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz hsv exhaust vz sv6

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
All HSV VZ (series 1, and 2) have LS2 engines. SS, and others have either 5.7, or in 2006 SS, 6.0(L76)
And, the HSV VZ didnt have the Y style cat back. They are one of their own(as the picture above) cast exhaust manifolds, no extractors.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have only just supplied a system for a VZ Clubsport that had Y style cats. He has had it from new and never changed it, so they do exist.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
No they dont, must have been a VY. The picture by surfwagon is the VZ HSV.

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
I dont know how it will sounds but im a sheetmetal apprentice nothing a tig and some highflow mufflers will fix. I just want the exhaust because I was going to make one myself but this one already has the bends I need all I would have to do is cut the mufflers I guess we will find out hey my car is too loud as is so this will be an improvement it gets annoying being so loud

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I had the same catback on my VZ V6, and it did make a difference. Had a touch more go down low, and a decent sound to it.

Did the little pop fart things and all

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
Hahahha sweet did you keep that big muffler at the back?

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
I was under the impression that the AWD VZ HSVs were still the LS1.

Can confirm that the L76 Holdens had the same exhaust design as the rest of VT-VZ. Only found out that the LS2s had a different exhaust setup the other day in fact!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I was under the impression that the AWD VZ HSVs were still the LS1.

Can confirm that the L76 Holdens had the same exhaust design as the rest of VT-VZ. Only found out that the LS2s had a different exhaust setup the other day in fact!

You're correct with the AWD HSV VZ's they did have the LS1 and the VZ L76/98 catback is the same as earlier sedans/wagons.
The last of the Monaros had similar exhaust to the LS2 coupe which gave them an extra 10 engine kw over the SS.
Coupe4 exhaust.

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
Put it on on Saturday had to make new mounting brackets accidentally made them too low like 90 mm off the ground to low at first I thought they were going to be to small but oh we'll it goes well a little quite you can feel the restriction of the big rear muffler I will be removing the rear muffler and tig welding in a high flow one and I will upload some pics and videos on Saturday :)