Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ issues.. need help!

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
Already have. No codes came up and the mechanic said it was the injectors. Cleaned and changed them. Didnt fix anything.

Find a better mechanic,
a "misfire" in the alloytec could be a few things.
ECU/M
coils
o2 sensors
coilpacks
spark plugs
oil pressure sensor

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
I agree, find another mechanic. Or at the very minimum, go to supercheap and have them run their scanner and post the results. Otherwise it's just a guessing game and parts swapping frenzy.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I have had this too (same car).
O2 sensor? If this is knocked, the 'check engine' light will come on. Seen this in a VE Commodore where a rock was thrown up by the wheels and banged it akimbo!

Gunk coming through fuel system: violent rocking, instability, unstable acceleration and set-down to limp mode (dirty fuel is surprisingly very common: I fixed this with PULP98/100 started 2 years ago and continuing). The 'check engine' light may or may not come on during this.

Fuel starvation (e.g. an obstruction in the fuel lines, or a fuel pump that is on the threshold of death).

Don't go on a 'replace everything and anything and she'll be roses' approach: it is a waste of money.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Good question!

The easy way to stuff things up, is to pressure wash these engines, especially the ecu connectors, NEVER do it.

My engine has been pressure sprayed many, many times after outback trips (professionally), and always when it is idling and hot, not when cold.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
when I got my crew man, it was a country car, washed the motor, than bang engine light on, turned out to be damaged coil plug