Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ls1 throttle body conversion to Ls2

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
Hi people, just looking around on the net and saw that now you can buy a adapter plate to mount a ls2 throttle body on a ls1 manifold, now my ls1 is a vz ss with electric throttle. Can anyone here tell me if I can straight mount a ls2 throttle with the adaption plate and not have any issued with writing etc? Or what else is involved? Thankyou

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Best mod is to fit -243 LS2 Heads & Inlet Manifold & LS2 Throttle body to LS1 engine block. You will still need the adaptor harness as the throttle bodies LS1 has different pinout plug than LS2 & also "talks" different to LS2 to ECU . The harness has a neat little metal box in it that converts all the bauds to the same language, I have done this full mod (plus 3" hurricane extractors & cats & X force 3" stainless exhaust , plus FAST LS2 injectors & high ratio roller rockers), on my 2005 CV8Z Monaro , I reckon I have 300kw easy now instead of the 260kw stock. Plus its not so "Doughy" at low revs any more. Sounds unreal too!!!!

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
My mate put a LS2 manifold and throttle body on an LS1 with a tune and it produced a useable improvement in low down and mid range torque. Not much more power though. I have thought of doing this at the very least.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Sorry to hack the thread. But i can't find the answer anywhere using my phone.

Is it possible to put an electric tb onto my ls1? And what's involved in doing so? My bro inlaw is upgrading his tb on his vz, and is going to let me have his old tb.
Any help on what i need to do or what's involved would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
meh don't bother