Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz missing at around 80k and underload. Diagnostic plz help

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
My wagon did similar a few years ago. Would run ok, and then every now and then it would hesitate and run rough under load. Ended up being a bad coil pack. My parents had the car at the time (registered to me but Dad had it for 10 years) and ended up getting talked into doing all 6 as "it was easier to do them all at once". Probably saved time and hassle as there was no guessing how long the rest would be good for, but anyway it fixed the problem. I've got the car back now and it's running great. Had a scare with it overheating a few days ago, but looks like it was just low on coolant.

Spark plugs would be thee first thing I'd check but, if any of them are bad that'll cause the same symptoms.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Most people leave the plugs in way to long and change them when **** starts going wrong its so bad the coils work harder and harder till they die and can take out the driver' in the ecu bad well just cause the plugs can go 100000km doesn' mean they should lol.i pull a lot of ls1 plugs out that have been in since new its shocking lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Most people leave the plugs in way to long and change them when **** starts going wrong its so bad the coils work harder
How long should you leave plugs in for to keep everything running ship shape?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Iridiums or platinum ide be doing them at 50-60k Max