Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Motor Replacement

vzalloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon V6 3.6 Alloytec
Any further developments?

I have the same issue, how did you go with this in the end. I tried an oil flush, but still suspect a blocked pickup.
Cheers

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
lol since i last posted in this thread, now up to 211,xxx kays and still no (major) problems :)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I have been told that the Alloytec is very susceptible to damage as a result of inadequate or inappropriate oil. Damage can result if incorrect grade of oil is repeatedly used and left in place too long. Strongly suggest to all Alloytec owners to change your oil every 6 months including a NEW filter. Cheap insurance for engine longevity.

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
my dads a cabby and he's done close to 300k on the alloytech and no problems yet touch wood :)
on the old ecotech we did almost 500k before valve problems so i would say their pretty tough engines :)

mdt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
vz oil pressure

I have just had the 'check oil' come up on the computer in car.
Car is 2004 vz with 96000kms on clock.
Returned it to the holden service center where it has been serviced for the last 3 times and they have got a low oil pressure readings at idle and at 2000rpm more loss at high revs, especially when hot.
A friend suggested to surf the net for problems with vz motor and is pretty much the same diagnosis as

'madbart2000'

dealer told me $4217.50 for exchange motor with 89000kms on clock wreckers want $2400.00 with
120 000kms either way why DOESN'T THIS MOTOR MAKE IT TO 100 000KMS.

Took it for a drive yesterday and took it about 40kms for the 'check oil' to come on the computer.
Only comes on when hot.

Any feedback on oil pressure problems solved?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Is the noise like a 'shhh' comming up to 3000rpm? and does it make a buzz just under 2000rpm? Mine does it and it is getting worse. I'm now feeling it through the floor.

PM me if this is the same noise.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Mines just hit 105k and runs as well as it did when i first got it with 70k on it, Most of my driving is sedate but it does get pushed to redline a few times a week to keep it honest and to clean out any carbon deposits. Oil gets changed every 7.5k along with filter :) The diff lashback is another story though lol.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Have you thought about replacing the oil with a high detergent diesel engine oil and taking the car out for a good drive and dumping the oil while it is still hot? It may disolve some of the sludge, maybe do it a few times with a new filter as well then put in some good quality oil of the right spec. and see how it goes. Also check the oil pressure sensor/switch for accuracy/calibration and replace if need be.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i used diesel oil in my daughters vt. drove it for 5000 ks then dumped the oil and filter. stopped its problems. when i looked in the oil it had small flakes of laquer looking stuff. we did a 2nd 2500 with normal oil and dumped it and the filter again. now every oil change its pretty clear oil and no more problems.
quick runs on diesel oil wont help as it doesnt give it long enough to disolve the gunk