Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Oil service soon. . . ?

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
Hey guys, today my one tonner started telling me it needs an oil change by coming up with 'Service oil soon'. But ive only just changed the oil '1500kms ago', and its not running low and is still in good condition. Sorry if this subject has been covered before, but yea does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?

Cheers

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Its been covered to death, but I CBF searching

hold up and down, turn ignition on, wait for confirmation, then hold set until it says its clear

Its simply a programming error from factory. It was designed for the US market which is why it goes off at weird intervals, as its counting miles not kays. Just reset it and problem solved.

You can always ask Holden to reflash the dash, if they know what their doing they'll update the firmware and charge you, but Id say just reset it and let it go!

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
Its been covered to death, but I CBF searching

hold up and down, turn ignition on, wait for confirmation, then hold set until it says its clear

Its simply a programming error from factory. It was designed for the US market which is why it goes off at weird intervals, as its counting miles not kays. Just reset it and problem solved.

You can always ask Holden to reflash the dash, if they know what their doing they'll update the firmware and charge you, but Id say just reset it and let it go!

so much for CBF searching, it looks like you copied and pasted that answer word for word from last time you answered that question...

Edz_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
if that doesnt work then oil pressure sensor is stuffed

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I think this was covered a short time ago too

Theres 2 different warnings

Ones "Service Engine Oil", which is the US market service reminder, the other is "Service Vehicle Soon", which is commonly the pressure sensor (or some other minor issue that can wait until the next service)

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Or take it back to Holden to get your cluster reflashed .....

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
so much for CBF searching, it looks like you copied and pasted that answer word for word from last time you answered that question...

haha pedantic much??? at least hes trying to help him out!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
perhaps Ive got a list of FAQ's when it comes to VZ's sitting on my desktop ...

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
Im getting the same "Service Engine Oil" message in my Calais. I tried resetting It by pressing mode+set and turning the ignition on but the "awaiting confirmation" message seems to freeze there, how long does it usually take to confirm?.. Any ideas what i could be doing wrong or could it be my oil pressure sensor?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
it can be a bit tricky. When the awaiting confirmation comes up, you need to press and hold set for about 3 seconds from memory.

Its waiting confirmation you want to reset it. Like Windows asking "are you sure you want to shut down" after you click shut down.