Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz on FIRE!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ey,

That sux man, no good at all.

andyman, you might want to edit your comment to...

Cheers

digging threads much? what do i need to edit? as far as i can see my last comment is allright, i pointed out au's are rubbish

GoodKarma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
andyman, jaisvz is talking about the naming of the service agent in the quote you have posted by ohmygodmyvz.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
andyman, jaisvz is talking about the naming of the service agent in the quote you have posted by ohmygodmyvz.

ah cheers, removed it

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Just do what the papers do, put "alleged" before all the accusations. Then it's not slander ;)

ben cobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 wl statesman international
Hi My 2005 statesman caught on fire just like this.
My partner and young kids were driving down the highway in fine conditions and the car started missing as she went to overtake so she pulled over and had a look around the car and could not see anything wrong eg temp fine,no smoke ect.
She turned the car off for a minute,then restarted it and it ran fine again so she took off again.
Then about 2klms up the road she smelt a strong petrol smell inside the car and then smoke comming from the bonnet to the left hand side.
She pulled over and lifted the bonnet to see the left hand side of the engine burning up in flames.
Luckily she and the kids ran to the car that was following them at the time and hopped in and drove to a safe distance away where they watched the car burn.
We contacted holden for an explanation and they had a look at it for us.
They came to a conclusion that it was to badly burnt to tell how or where it started so bad luck mate.
I am wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this before?
I have seen a few cases like this on this site.
Any info would be much appreciated!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Did the Fire Brigade request the attendance of their Fire Investigators in order to ascertain the cause(s) ?

ALL fires need tow essential elements: (1) a source of fuel (b) an ignition source

Suggest you seek the services of your Auto Club (if a member) and they may be able to offer professional opinion in regard to possible (likely) causes. Good luck

Last edited:
D

Don123

I would say this is the most likely scenario. Bad mechanics who simply don't take a lot of care as they must do it quick and get to the next customer, it happened to me before and I always check under the bonnet before I drive it away from the work shop.
P.S where's the oil filter on those things? go and check if it's loose, I wont be suprised if that's what happened and that it's right near one of the headers