Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Phantom!!!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Kinda weird for holden to say nothing wrong.
I don't know if this possible but can you swap for a similar car and pay for the paper work?? you know something like a trade in??
The car you have now is probably a lemon/a stuff up. Just get another car, it'll save you all the fuss and time.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Might be time to call in the storm troopers on one of those current affair shows to get some action...or at least threaten it to get someone to do something.

Jester99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Spoke to service dealers again and they kept saying nothing wrong....

This is starting to turn into a joke....

Got hire car back though after some talking to a manager...

Now been told I have to wait till the 2nd of Jan... damn holidays heh

One thing I did notice about the car before this happened...

There was suddenly a huge static build up after driving it each time... Never happened before about a week or so prior to the event... Zapped myself and wife each time we get out of the car... Quite strong too... the wife did not like it at all and she used her shoe to close the door...

Now I notice the hire car I have been driving is doing the same thing with static build up after driving...

I have the camera ready!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
As holidays come is anyone gonna be at the dealer in case your car starts itself, cos looks like no-one will be there to turn it off. prob best to let the car run itself out of petrol!!! The tank better be nearly empty. just in case.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
if i was one of your friends, i'd come around and hide your keys, then later that night come back and start it and rev the crap out of it (hire car) just to scare ya's lol

Surely if they saw the error codes, they'll know whats wrong??

Jester99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Well they apparently replaced the ECU and took the other one away for testing.

Have the car back and it is different I can say that...

I am driving with the handbrake in the ready just incase.

After a week of driving these are the following things that have and are happening...

First the radio decides not to turn off as normal when I open the door, instead it keeps playing and stops at random times. They say the door switch in the drivers door is responsible... Still does it after replacement.

And the latest is more related to the phantom starting... Now for the last 3 days it randomly keeps the engine running after I have turned the ignition off and remove the key. The length of time it stays running is random as well. This time I filmed a couple of events with my mobile phone. Doesnt show much but I remove key and you can hear engine still going. Will be recording more as they happen... Holden wont be able to deny it didnt happen...

Also when leaving a work call on Friday. I travelled about 500 meters then when I removed my foot from the accelerator. Instead of the car normally dropping revs down to around 1k mark and stopping around there... the engine picks back up in revs to the 1.6k - 1.7k mark and I feel it pull me forward instead of washing speed off at which point I apply the breaks to slow down... It then did the same thing 3 more times that day... Today I have not really noticed it but then I have not been driving it much.

Taking the car back to service dealer on Monday..... Again!! ugh...

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
That's some straight up David Copperfield 5hit

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Who knows, David Copperfield must've driven the car before and left his black magic in there!!

Jester99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Update...

Car radio only occasionally stays on randomly now.

Engine still keeps running after turning ignition off. Related it to possibly the air conditoner pump... Possibly keeping engine running... but this has NEVER happened in the past prior to the phantom event.

Also I have now had another brake incident. Travelling slowly again and brakes did not stop me but this time I released and pumped them quickly which worked and I stopped.

WTF... have I got some experimental car or something... Never have I had a car play up so much...