Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Rough Idle - fixed

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The throttle body can be recalibrated using the tech2 or a Snap-On diagnostic interface. It accesses the motor. The peddle can’t. It is no motor and only sends position info to the throttle body motor.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The throttle body can be recalibrated using the tech2 or a Snap-On diagnostic interface. It accesses the motor. The peddle can’t. It is no motor and only sends position info to the throttle body motor.
That's right its a sender, like everything they do wear out. If its not holding steady speed that means the sender is dropping out telling the motor to rev down, its only my theory. Cant be the throttle motor or it be doing it at 100 as well. Should of stuck with old school, cables don't fail well not as much as electric component's.

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Hi all, been busy with things lately and haven't checked in on this thread in some months. My VZ is still running fairly smooth since I replaced the coils. Idle improved a little more after I cleaned the throttle body and MAF (the MAF cleaner was quite expensive, but is a must for cleaning MAF sensors). Someone was asking earlier where my coils were from - answer is eBay...
hey im wanting to clean my throttle body and maf any chance u can give me the steps on how to do this?

JRooth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
An old thread BUT it fixed my issue. Same deal, missing heaps at idle, missing every now and again when driving. New coils and plugs fixed the issue.

Reactions: Lex