Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Speed Signal Wire???

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hi everyone, i installed a pioneer AVIC-F910BT dvd deck into my vz exec over the weekend and am having one small problem, there is a wire which says SPEED SIGNAL INPUT and manual says to connect it to the cars speed signal wire?? WHERE IS THIS? i assume its behind the cluster? which colour etc?
any help appreciated

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Some models have a feature that increases the volume of your radio when you increase the speed that you are travelling at. Don't know if all models had that option though. Think it might have only been those with the up-market dash/screen option.

Veriton

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VZ
Don't bother with that... you may find it will cause more damage than good... (I've never used one on a radio before, but speedo circuits can be touchy).

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
lol maybe ill go ask at strathfield or something, the user manual says its to keep an accurate reading of your speed on the GPS, i think so if you go through tunnels or wherever there is no signal