Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS short shifter

vzss_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hi there any body put a clubsport short shifter or any other short shifter into their SS or any one have a clue if that can be done and an approx idea of what it may cost ... will be great if some one has the info
Cheers

VZ1_60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0L Club
Short Shifter

the HSV 'short shifter' is just the stick cut down. It does not change the shift length or mechanism at all.
The throw is a little shorter, however the Harrop conversion or 'Digger' style conversion reduces the throw about 30 to 40% with a standard length stick. Otherwise there is the B&M or GM Motorsport replacements.

If you want the HSV style short throw, you need to either shorten or your stick or buy one - plenty on eBay. Bolt off, bolt on. The others are more work.

cheers
VZ1

nigel

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz storm ute
Go to JHP Vehicle Enhancement site, they have short shifters. Once at home page choose, car ,ute ,or wagon it does'nt matter and then choose options.

Coupe 4

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV COUPE 4
vzss_01 said:
Hi there any body put a clubsport short shifter or any other short shifter into their SS or any one have a clue if that can be done and an approx idea of what it may cost ... will be great if some one has the info
Cheers

there are couple of options from www.jhp.com.au
HSV style
Harrop
Rip shifter

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
SS short(er) shifter

Just went and priced a Clubsport shortened gearstick from the local Holden, Believe it or not you have to buy the whole lot, stick, knob and boot for $576.

Tell 'em they're dreamin' I say when just the shortened stick is $80 on ebay

D

DA_VZ_UTE

Capa

Try capa mate. they have afew different short shifters.

www.capa.com.au

PS. Did anyone else see the CAPA ute that ran into the croud last weekend!

H

heat1

VZ shifter seems good

vzss_01 said:
Cheers

I owned 2 VYSS's ute sv8 and an auto sv8 at the same time yes $160,000 [ I did mods to them all]worth. :coolpimp: they both seemed clunky but I now have a VZ and the shift seems as sweet as. When I bought it the saleman said that the whole upper shift mechanism was straight from HSV. I have read and it seams to me that the shifter is shorter than in the earlier models.If I thought I was going to do a paper on it I would of writen ndown were I got my reference material
I never had any trouble shifting[ with the earlier sticks] :king: I had more trouble when I put the wide rubber on the back and the clutch just spun. :bang: I will do some more research but the shifter feals like its almost an automatic to me. :thumbsup: Dont like Sv8's? look at the 400m times :thumbsup:

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I recently bought a VZ SSZ ute (previously owned a VYII SS sedan) and I too looked at the price of a genuine HSV so called short shifter ( not actually a true short shifter but a shorter shifter, if that makes sense). I ended up buying one off ebay for $80. A high quality product with excellent fitting instructions. Basically remove centre console (top part only), remove gear stick suround, cut cable tie holding, leather surround off, remove gear knob, undo two bolts and off the old one comes. Simply the reverse to install the new one (lock washers are provided in the kit to use with the bolts - I used these and some blue loctite).

I didn't want the shorter shifter for shifting reasons as such, just that I am going to mount a navman in the dash below the stock HU and wanted to remove the gear knob from blocking the screen.

Cheers,

Daniel

S

Sensations

vzss_01 said:
Cheers

Mine cost for an original $200 got it off ebay- took me 5 mins to exchange.

D

darren71

I bought a Harrop short shifter through Corsa and are very happy with it.Dunno the price it was put on the bill at the end