Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SSZ will not skid! what is being overlooked?!

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I haven't tried a stand still in mine, but if I have T/C off and give it a boot full it starts to spin in a straight line once it shifts into 2nd.

Maybe mine has had some work done to it.

This car does that too... the issue is that it wont do a static burnout on the spot and on the brake.

when i was on some "private property" i just turned T/C off held my foot hard on the brake then flat footed the accelerator and waited for it to really lose traction then slightly let go of the brakes if you want to move

Yea well the owner isnt the most experienced at doing statics, so im gonna try it and if it doesnt work we're gonna investigate some suggestions that have been put forth.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
One thing I noticed on my charged sv6 is that it wouldn't do a burnout at full throttle, however, applying half throttle ripped up the tyres and smoked them. Full brake pressure applied also

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
One thing I noticed on my charged sv6 is that it wouldn't do a burnout at full throttle, however, applying half throttle ripped up the tyres and smoked them. Full brake pressure applied also

yeh what is up with that aye. my sv6 goes harder off the line at half throttle compared to the foot to the floor...?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I think there are torque management settings in the sv6 gearbox that don't like full brake and throttle pressure, but because mine was charged, it just forced the air in through the minimal throttle opening. Could be the same with the v8. That's why my new car I went with a vy, no more drive by wire bull **** to deal with. Throttle response = instant

SHT 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
She now skids

We found that a cylinder volumetric table was not set high enough. Everything else was done correctly but that table was just not set high enough

jaybeez95

Speed Safely...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Omega
my ve omega has the same problem, cant skid on bitumen, does skid on gravel n grass though, but how gay is that... commodores were built to skid werent they :)

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I'm sure they do have an anti abuse in the gear box. I think it was in my VY and I know it was in my old ef falcon.
If you were over a certain rpm in say drive, the computer would not allow you to select a lower gear that would possibly damage the car. It would stay in that gear even
if you selected another one until the rpm dropped to a safe level for that gear.