Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Steering wheel into a VY

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Im looking at a VZ steering wheel on ebay and on the listing it says will only suit VZ, not a VY...

i thought all vz/y wheels were interchangeable?

will it fit?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Its been covered a couple of weeks ago (still actually on this page - 2nd from the bottom - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2004/183522-vz-steering-wheel-fit-vy-s2.html ) but yeh, it appears it will.

Ive swapped my VZ HBD wheel with my WK Statesman (same as a VY wheel) and it went on without any issue. Might be that its a HBD wheel, but it was designated for VZ.

Going the other way VY->VZ was a tad tricky as the back of the wheel where the shaft sits needs to be ground down about 3 or 4 mm.

But from all accounts VZ-VY = no worries.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
As long as the rear of the steering wheel hub , engages the clockspring without any force you are sailing!! , some may need to be ground down depending on what clockspring you have ... the VZ clockspring with the illuminated radio controls is different , your VY wheel will have to be ground off a little to fit it.

Brendan85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz clubsport
Its been covered a couple of weeks ago (still actually on this page - 2nd from the bottom - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2004/183522-vz-steering-wheel-fit-vy-s2.html ) but yeh, it appears it will.

Ive swapped my VZ HBD wheel with my WK Statesman (same as a VY wheel) and it went on without any issue. Might be that its a HBD wheel, but it was designated for VZ.

Going the other way VY->VZ was a tad tricky as the back of the wheel where the shaft sits needs to be ground down about 3 or 4 mm.

But from all accounts VZ-VY = no worries.
Hey mate, do you k ow of any guides to fit a vy wheel into a vz?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s already mentioned.