Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 auto 3.07.1 diff ratio

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Can anyone tell me if this ratio is ok ? I got a LSD diff from a vx ss 3.07.1 and wanna put it in my car ( 05 vz sv6 5 speed auto ) but unsure if it will need to be calibrated and shift points tuned ? ... Any help would be great ...

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
I asked about 3.7 or 3.9 gears for my manual sv6 and was told v8 gears don't work in v6 so I'm interested in wether that is bull or not

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Speedo needs calibrating, no tune needed.

Who ever told u 3.7 or 3.9 won't fit a v6 is pulling ur 3rd leg

Ricksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 impulse blue
I have 3.07.1 gears in my sv6 auto. Shift point's don't need changing and spedo is out by 5k's under. So when sitting on 100 i'm only doing 95 :)

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I think u were told the v8 gears won't fit inside the v6 diff housing ... That's the only thing I could assume whoeva told you that meant .... How have you found the 3.07 gears ? Better or worse ? What's the revs like on a motorway ? Any extra fuel usage ? I'm very keen to install the diff now coz everyone was trying to tell me 3.46 is better and wouldn't go anything else , but I pretty much scored the vx ss 3.07 LSD diff so thought it give it a shot ...After I get the diff fitted I will be getting the car tuned anyways as I havn't done it since all the mods iv done.... Also I wanna change the diff mount bushing to nolathane , if the diff is from a vx but I have a vz would I be getting a vx bush or a vz bush ? ...

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
I would have thought they would be the exact same drive train except for gear box but ill check so then I can run some 3.7 diff gears

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I would have thought they would be the exact same drive train except for gear box but ill check so then I can run some 3.7 diff gears
its cheaper to just find a second hand LSD diff from a ss / v8 with the gearset you want ... Then get it reco'd / serviced ... Otherwise your looking at over $400-$500 just for the gearset then need to have it installed , that's why I went the option I did and just found the LSd diff with 3.07 gears and next step is going to a shop to get it reco'd / serviced .. Then I'm gonna fit it myself .... The stock sv6 diff is smaller than the v8's , iv searched it and the v8's are m80 and the v6's are m76 or something ??? Not 100 % sure but I'm guessing that's why you can't use the v8 gearsets inside them ...

Joseph_foss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 holden Berlina v6
I think u were told the v8 gears won't fit inside the v6 diff housing ... That's the only thing I could assume whoeva told you that meant .... How have you found the 3.07 gears ? Better or worse ? What's the revs like on a motorway ? Any extra fuel usage ? I'm very keen to install the diff now coz everyone was trying to tell me 3.46 is better and wouldn't go anything else , but I pretty much scored the vx ss 3.07 LSD diff so thought it give it a shot ...After I get the diff fitted I will be getting the car tuned anyways as I havn't done it since all the mods iv done.... Also I wanna change the diff mount bushing to nolathane , if the diff is from a vx but I have a vz would I be getting a vx bush or a vz bush ? ...
Hey mate I just put a vz ss 3.07.1 lsd diff into my v6 3.8ecotech and it runs mint as just make sure that when you install it that you connect the drives haft properly and ensure the driveshaft hanger is still mint
I use extra fuel on the open road thing spins up amazing and handling of car is 100% better totally recommend it haha

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice thread dig!

I can't see how it uses more fuel, stock V6 ecotec uses a 3.08 ratio diff, going to 3.07 makes no difference to rpm.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Nice thread dig!

I can't see how it uses more fuel, stock V6 ecotec uses a 3.08 ratio diff, going to 3.07 makes no difference to rpm.
Wonder if he meant 3.70.1?