Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Ex cop Car?????

rhodzy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Gday peeps.. i have been told that my VZ Sv6 may be an ex cop car because it has no traction control button and the dash is full black... but is there any other way to find out if it is.... i brought it from a dealer about a week ago shouldnt they have mentioned something like that???? any help on the topip would be appreciated :)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
check in the owners manual who it was originally sold to. then you will have your answer. pretty sure it will say on the back of the front cover or the first few pages anyways.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why would you be happy if it was a cop car?

rhodzy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
interested

Why would you be happy if it was a cop car?

i wouldnt be happy if it was but i would'nt be upset about it, just interested to know, wouldnt you want to know as much about your car as you could?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I'm happy mines ex police, its been the best car Ive owned, and despite everyones whinging about buying ex police vehicles I am yet to encounter any of the supposid issues people ramble on with. :thumbsup:

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
I personally dont see any problem purchasing an ex cop car of any breed,you just have to accept that it may and prolly did cop a hard time at some stage.Nothing more of what you or i do prior to the sale of our/your car, but we are going to neglect to tell the prospective buyer that its seen the rev limiter on more than one occasio and we lit her up for the boys.Regular maitanance is the key to longevity to most things mechanical. For the money a cop car offers ex value considering it recieves all services req by the book. Gov`s arent in the habit of putting the boys in blue at risk.

Expect the worst and you will never be disapointed.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
without dragging off topic my point exactly :thumbsup:

I do more damage in Sydneys stop start peak hour :D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
i wouldnt be happy if it was but i would'nt be upset about it, just interested to know, wouldnt you want to know as much about your car as you could?

It's not something that I am particularly worried about. As long as it had a service record and it was reasonably looked after. My VS was an ex fleet car, 180k's when I bought it, looked as though it wasn't really looked after but it was serviced by the book. The price I paid was relative to it's condition so I was happy. I know the exact history of my wifes car as it is brand new.