Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 exhaust $2000 to spend

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Correct, pacemaker is a brand of extractors. Not sure if they sell other parts like mufflers or not tho....

They do extractors, mufflers, cats, merge pipes, the whole lot. Extractors are what they are best known for though.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Considering it's dual 2 1/4 will be more then enough. If the exhaust shop knows what there doing should make the car sound sweet. For a louder note go no resonator for a deeper note leave resonator in but get straight through mufflers.

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
Hey Bud, I went and did to my VZ exec what you are about to do ur SV6. Lashed out hard, full stainless twin exhaust system, Pacemaker extractors, stainless highflow cats, right down to two offset stainless tips. To be honest i am actually a little wary, while it sounds like a pretty damn wild V6 the note (once you hit about 3300rpm onwards) seems to take on a buzzy kinda 4 cylinder buzz like a rampaging pintara or something (mates say it sounds like an F1 or a motorbike). Sure the system is flowing hard as and i would be guaranteed an EPA notice if i got busted under load and revs but on the other hand its nice and chunky when you cruise around and travel on cruise control, no drone at all from this system. Just that crazy buzz, but hey im willing to live with that for the rest of the perks.

If anyone reading this knows how to eliminate the buzz without losing the rest of the sound i would be all ears.

I scored this system FITTED for what u r looking to spend, drive away. All i did was shop around, the guy asked me not to tell my mates the price and i willingly agreed.

Just a bit of insight for you man, hope it helps.

Do the 2 hole airbox mod, add extractors and get new stainless mufflers my man, cats if cash permitts.

GOODLUCK!!

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Two new hankooks 245/35 n back guards rolled so they wont stuff the potenza 245/40's
zorst next not open today
rolling n hankooks cost me $650

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i,m in wa but i put genie extractors on not sure if you get them over there they were only 800 fitted with a pex 2.5 cat back with a rear resonator as i have been told they sound rubbish without have a kand n filter and without a tune i get 199 rwh so thats the way i recommend and cost only 1200 total and sounds pretty good

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
You could try getting someone to add like 2 small hotdogs after the hi-flow cats to try and change the note.

Otherwise....... I'd probably recommend you have someone add a H-Pipe somewhere along the line....... it'll probably change the note lightly (weaken it a tad).

Hey Bud, I went and did to my VZ exec what you are about to do ur SV6. Lashed out hard, full stainless twin exhaust system, Pacemaker extractors, stainless highflow cats, right down to two offset stainless tips. To be honest i am actually a little wary, while it sounds like a pretty damn wild V6 the note (once you hit about 3300rpm onwards) seems to take on a buzzy kinda 4 cylinder buzz like a rampaging pintara or something (mates say it sounds like an F1 or a motorbike). Sure the system is flowing hard as and i would be guaranteed an EPA notice if i got busted under load and revs but on the other hand its nice and chunky when you cruise around and travel on cruise control, no drone at all from this system. Just that crazy buzz, but hey im willing to live with that for the rest of the perks.

If anyone reading this knows how to eliminate the buzz without losing the rest of the sound i would be all ears.

I scored this system FITTED for what u r looking to spend, drive away. All i did was shop around, the guy asked me not to tell my mates the price and i willingly agreed.

Just a bit of insight for you man, hope it helps.

Do the 2 hole airbox mod, add extractors and get new stainless mufflers my man, cats if cash permitts.

GOODLUCK!!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah hotdog or resonator (both usually mean the same thing) will make it deeper and less tinny at high rpm how ever you will lose some loudness for lack of a better word.

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Its in the shop now getn cat back stainless 2/14 resinator with twin dumper tip :)
get it back tomorow after work:)
ill finish the rest in a few months

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
You could try getting someone to add like 2 small hotdogs after the hi-flow cats to try and change the note.

Otherwise....... I'd probably recommend you have someone add a H-Pipe somewhere along the line....... it'll probably change the note lightly (weaken it a tad).

Yeah hotdog or resonator (both usually mean the same thing) will make it deeper and less tinny at high rpm how ever you will lose some loudness for lack of a better word.

Thanks guys, the system does have the H up front.

VZ V6 Commodore Sedan Pacemaker Headers Exhaust System - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Jan-10 19:46:45 AEDST)

This is basically the system on it.

Maybe i need twin hotdogs, but theres a hell of alot of mufflers etc already on there, gonna take it to the guy and see what he says, i wouldnt really care if i lost some volume. Saves an EPA ticket.

Cheers

SORRY TO HIJACK MAN, ILL START MY OWN THREAD.
Hope the car sounds mean!!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mufflers and resonators do two different things as far as I know.