Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz SV6 paddle shifters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Hello,

Friend had told me that some vz sv6's come with paddle shifters on the steering wheel?

Is this true? If so can someone chuck up some pics if they have some ?

vtdan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore and S/C VX Calais
True.....I've never heard a good word spoken about them though...

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
Every sv6 came with them to my knowledge, not spoken about much mainly due to the fact that they in awkward positions at top left and top right of center part of steering wheel good if you feeling bored but nothing like driving a manual. Ill try and grab some pics for you guys tomorrow when it's light out :D

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
Vz Calais (v6 only) also has them, they are a good fun. they are mounted to the back of the steering wheel. My calais does feel a bit more responsive with 'active select' (paddle shift) engaged. (search google for pictures) would be quicker than waiting for someone to post a photo. :)

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
This is where they are located:

IMG_6843.jpg

1.jpg

matt-chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I recently drove this route Google Maps Link and they were a bit of fun/good for making the auto a little more predictable on the downshifts when climbing hills. I also highly recommend driving this route if you have the chance, its almost all 100kph and winds through the mountains for hours. There is also a short unlimited section of road there too.

On the topic of the paddle things, I'm about to install an SS wheel into my SV6 (the contoured sports wheel or whatever you want to call it)... does anyone know, is it a big stuff around to reinstall these onto the new wheel?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
it wouldn't be too bad if you had an exhaust, only upside I can think of

^^^ , my mate has an exhaust on his SV6 n he uses paddle shift sometimes when he's bored, it does seem more responsive than the standard auto but as the others said...not quite a manual.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I also have them on my Adventra. It's called Active Select and in my opinion its rubbish. Without the clutch it's no fun at all. I certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of trying to get them installed. You will have more fun smashing the back of your head with a cricket bat then wasting time on this poor excuse of pseudo manual driving. My two cents.

Last edited:

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
The only time i use them is for highway driving.

Come to overtake.... click downshift twice..... sink the slipper...... happy days!

Seems to counteract the inbuilt problem of the transmission trying to figure out which gear you actually want.

Status
Not open for further replies.