Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 - Power Feels Uneven When Foot to Floor...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
A lot of oil in the intake is caused by blow by, caused by a bit of caning. Install an oil catch can if you want to help keep it cleaner

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
got my brother inlaw to check it out before I bought anything (did his mechanical apprenticeship through holden), he doesn't think there's anything wrong - no missfiring and the spurts of uneven power are occuring at exactly the same time each time (i.e. he thinks it's just the program/torque management). It didn't feel as bad today though, does 0-100 around 9 secs which isn't too crash hot. Might just change the plugs and give it a good clean out.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
got my brother inlaw to check it out before I bought anything (did his mechanical apprenticeship through holden), he doesn't think there's anything wrong - no missfiring and the spurts of uneven power are occuring at exactly the same time each time (i.e. he thinks it's just the program/torque management). It didn't feel as bad today though, does 0-100 around 9 secs which isn't too crash hot. Might just change the plugs and give it a good clean out.

should be doing around 7 sec 0-100

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
When i was encountering this issue one of the things I noticed was that the missfire would only occur if the car was under heavy load. eg: throttle at 80%+. If i drove the car normally i would not notice an issue.

It never threw any error codes and the problem had me baffled for a long time. I replaced my plugs, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned maf, oil and filters... everything i could think of.

I then started speaking to a holden mechanic who suggested I replace the coils, in his words they would "need to be replaced eventually". So i bought a set from eBay with the premise I could always resell them if they didn't fix the problem. Didnt take long to change them all any hey presto, that was it.

By the way.. how many kms has your car done... the issue started occuring for me about 120,000kms.

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
I've only had it for about 2 weeks and the problem is nowhere near as bad now. I think the previous owners were running it on crap fuel. I'ved cleaned it out with BP Ultimate. Sometimes now it won't stutter at all, though that is quite rare. Done 97,000. I only have an issue when 80%+ throttle. We'll see if it continues to improve.

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
It's back to the way it used to be again :( Would an electrical mechanic be able to find the problem?

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
umm yeah, is this normal?

234x.png