Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 speaker install

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yes as mentioned not my car, pictures were for reference only sorry. The pic of the black car in question is from a car audio forum, in the members rides section. Here is a link to the said car:

Board Message

The other pic, is from one of the 5 pdf's that are shown in the link in my original post.

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Ah yes. it is a black car! thanks for pointing that out! :D

Scyth, I don't think they are of GTRWilson's car... As he has a white car, and that car is black??

Yes as mentioned not my car, pictures were for reference only sorry. The pic of the black car in question is from a car audio forum, in the members rides section. Here is a link to the said car:

Board Message

The other pic, is from one of the 5 pdf's that are shown in the link in my original post.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ive hit a bit of a speed bump, well i swear ive hit thousands but this one i cant figure out. Anyone know how to remove the tweeter cover on the drivers side? Im quiet sure you have to remove the side cover that includes the air con vent first, but i can only find one screw to remove this?. Looks like the steering column cover has to come off first but i cant figure out how this comes off.

Help please?....

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Have a look for my old SV6 in "My Rides" section, I have some pics of the boot. You'll see where I mounted the Amp, get a good wiring kit and mount it there IMO, out of the way and more space to breathe when it gets a little hot as opposed to under a passenger seat.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Couldnt find the thread, got a link? Also, my monoblock amp will be placed in the boot, but there is no more room to mount the 4 channel where i want it. Have heard of many people running them under the seat with no problems.

Anyone know about those panels? im really stumped haha.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Im half way through the install people. Finally figured out how to get to the panel i needed, thanks to the help of a fellow commodore owner on another forum. Hopefully be finished by tomorrow, well i better be i have work wednesday morning!

I shall update this thread when ive completed install, and written up the how-to.

I have about 29 photos so far and only about half way through haha.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hmmmm that could work.

What is yours actually mounted to? I thought that back was just a carpet cover? Or have you screwed it to the steel bracing behind the rear seats? I havent actually had a good look at that area yet....

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Ive hit a bit of a speed bump, well i swear ive hit thousands but this one i cant figure out. Anyone know how to remove the tweeter cover on the drivers side? Im quiet sure you have to remove the side cover that includes the air con vent first, but i can only find one screw to remove this?. Looks like the steering column cover has to come off first but i cant figure out how this comes off.

Help please?....

Drop the cover below the steering wheel column. There is a screw that goes into the ac vent from there. Then one screw to hold the actual tweeter cover on the it unclips the rest of the way.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
check out this thread for ideas on mounting the amps. Very neat in my opinion. Owner is a member on here 2loud2old.

I recently also did the stereo install in my vz (well half finished boot install still left to go). But anyway, if you have any further questions give me a yell.