Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6 Turbos

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha its not that bad but things add up.i can build a turbo kit for $2500 in parts using all the cheapest parts around and thats no labour costs. then tuning then anything that breaks in the driveline.once setup they shouldnt cost any money unless you keep doing upgrades.or keep treating the driveline to harsh LOL

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
this is the price I got from Sinco customs this year.. mind you it is a V8 not V6..
SINCO turbo manifold (single)$1300
masterpower turbo $1050
tial mvr44 wastegate $480
3" downpipe $500
intercooler/piping/joiners/clamps $950

And they put a 10 year warranty on their manifolds against cracking as long as they fit to the vehical.

ontop of that you have water/oil lines (feed and out), injectors and fuel pump, 2 bar map sensor, tuning etc etc..

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
oh and where it says single on the manifold - that means single turbo, the manifold is 3 piece not just flipped factorys and joined with a cross over..

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
haha its not that bad but things add up.i can build a turbo kit for $2500 in parts using all the cheapest parts around and thats no labour costs. then tuning then anything that breaks in the driveline.once setup they shouldnt cost any money unless you keep doing upgrades.or keep treating the driveline to harsh LOL

True dat. There's also all the little expenses you don't see coming. The kit I got from Josh was fundamentally complete but I think I spent another $800 just on little stuff, like wire, insulators, clamps and some silicone bits. Adds up. Then once you up the killawasps, you find other bits having a whinge. Waterpumps, trans coolers, idler pulleys, radiators, heater hoses. It all feels the sting, well it did for me :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
this is the price I got from Sinco customs this year.. mind you it is a V8 not V6..SINCO turbo manifold (single)$1300 masterpower turbo $1050tial mvr44 wastegate $4803" downpipe $500intercooler/piping/joiners/clamps $950And they put a 10 year warranty on their manifolds against cracking as long as they fit to the vehical.ontop of that you have water/oil lines (feed and out), injectors and fuel pump, 2 bar map sensor, tuning etc etc..
And that's how much it costs using cheap ****.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I was making about 240rwkw on 7psi, on a VE 195 motor. I'm doing cams soon then going a bigger blower next year.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
And that's how much it costs using cheap ****.

Um what parts are cheap.. The manifold has a 10yr non cracking guarentee, the turbo is masterpower and the wastegate is tial..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A cooler, joiners, pipe work and clamps for $950 = cheap
Master power turbo = cheap

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Um, so let me throw out a few peoples cars that Mike has built turbo setup for.. Carl Ruiterman, Cole Armstrong , Gaz Whiter, Andrew Redward, Sky Zhoa just to name a few of NZ top D1 drifters cars.. but hey, of course you'd know better being a New Zealander and all... oh wait thats right your not.