Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Touch Up Paint

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi All,

I am looking to get touch up paint for my VZ. A dealer that I got it from previously doesn't have it (not a surprise as my car is now 13 years old). Does anyone know where I could get it from? I'm in Melbourne. Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, I did a search but couldn't find anything although I'm not the most internet savvy person.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rare Spares tend to stock paint as will any auto paint supplies store, even SCA. Give them the paint code from the plate under the bonnet and they will mix some up. I have found that buying a litre as a min amount tends to get a shade closer to the factory paint. The issue tends to be that you may not be able to find a place that sells the same base as originally used in the factory. Therefore there is quite often a slight variation.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
depending on colour , you can get it from a car painter , I get touch up for my VZ in phantom black from the same panel and paint firm who paint the trucks in the fleet

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I got mine from Super Crap. Good match.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
ebay also has them too from various sellers in different sizes etc

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I bought spray paint mixed at autobarn which was too light . Then i bought a small bottle of touch up on line which was too dark , so i mixed them together bit at a time to get the right shade.

OCO0012

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Berlina 2006
Paint mobile or an automotive paint shop will match perfectly. Otherwise auto barn and super cheep will try using the pant code on your car but I have had trouble with that.