Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute Issues

chris_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY UTE
Hi all, hoping for some useful info relating to a series of issues on VZ ute. Control panel has only in the last 2 weeks been flashing up "check powertrain" and yesterday its also flashing up "check oil". I have read and see that "check powertrain" seems to be a common fault and various fixes have been O2 sensors replaced and or software upgrades, which is it?
As for the oil the oil is regularly checked and OK. The ute only has 70k on it so not tied or over worked. Any constructive help appreciated.
Cheers Chris.

chris_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY UTE
No mods all stock, was there ever a recall where they (holden) rolled out a software upgrade?????

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Might like to check the oil pressure sender. It may be leaking.

It's located on the oil filter body.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I thinks it's the 'oil pressure sensor' not sender. Mine was faulty and Ive heard it's fairly common.

mikabeja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
Got the same problem on my vz crewman, today i change the plugs and oil switch and when i started it, it idled rougher than before. I did notice a dogey looking coil module so i changed that, During the process i diconected the battery and now when i star the car it idles good but when i rev the car nothing wont rev at all. Anyone know what the problem is ,,, Help me before i put a match to it,,, and the (powertrain) msg still there, and the (check oil) still comeing on...

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
get someone to check the codes?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
lol +1 oil pressure SENSOR will be leaking into the connector..
pull it off and look inside MALE side and it will be wet needing a new sensor
if not wet possible oilpressure issue

either way PERSONALLY i would check code is set for the oil pressure sensor but if the connector MALE is wet with oil its gone man!~

azza221

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 S
@ mikabeja,
After i changed the plugs in my V6 it was rough as guts...My solution: do up the spark plugs to within 16Nm 22Nm tightness (torque wrench?) then it will cause the engine to run fine. If they are overtight or not tight enough it runs rough...i dont know why but it does...

craig wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz thunder s
hi had same problem with vz thunder s ute. to answer your questions NO there was not a recall but i think they (HOLDEN) should have because it can be dangerous when you are traveling at 100 kmh and it comes on it slows the car to 15 kmh so quick it is scary. and the only way to fix it is to take back to holden to clear the fault and if they can't fix it they recommend replacing the computer.